Traveling To Dallas from Alabama

GreenhawK

I am going on a trip tomorrow to Dallas from North Alabama. My permit is good through all of the states that I will be driving through, but I was wondering if there were any Don'ts that are unusual in Arkansas and Texas. Especially in Dallas and Little Rock. In Little Rock we are just spending the night, and probably going to dinner, but in Dallas we will be going to the Cowboys Stadium as well as the Rangers stadium. We will also be going in restaurants etc.

I understand that I need to pull up the laws and read them myself, but I am just wondering what to look for. With these being gun friendly states, I am looking for it to be similar to Alabama.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Here is a run down for Texas. No guns allowed in the stadiums or at any sporting event. When eating out be sure to look for a white sign with a big red 51% on it. These are places where you can't carry as they make more than 50% of their profit from the sale of alcohol and are considered bars. Also watch for what are called 30-06 signs. They are signs that prohibit weapons and have the power of law behind them. Concealed carry only. Hope this helps.

Its been awhile since I got my Arkansas license when I moved here from Texas, where I also had a license, but I don't recall anything odd or different about the rules. They do change some each year, but usually in our favor. You should check it out for yourself , cause I don't know AL laws.
Unless they have changed since I looked last,, no carry at hospitals, churches, schools, large sporting events, bars, government offices, and any place with NO Carry posted signs. (and there are no doubt a few I missed)
Texas is VERY gun friendly. AR is very hunting gun friendly.

Howdy GreenhawK,

I am going on a trip tomorrow to Dallas from North Alabama. My permit is good through all of the states that I will be driving through, but I was wondering if there were any Don'ts that are unusual in Arkansas and Texas. Especially in Dallas and Little Rock. In Little Rock we are just spending the night, and probably going to dinner, but in Dallas we will be going to the Cowboys Stadium as well as the Rangers stadium. We will also be going in restaurants etc.

I understand that I need to pull up the laws and read them myself, but I am just wondering what to look for. With these being gun friendly states, I am looking for it to be similar to Alabama.

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Avoid the Little Rock area if at all possible. The hotels along I-30/40 are a high crime area. Drive a little farther and stop in the Bryant/Benton area. These are high crime rate areas but not as bad as Little Rock.

My brother lives in Bryant and my Dad lives in Benton. My sister lives in the Dallas area and when she visit she stays in a hotel ( not sure which in ) in Bryant. They are on the north ( west bound side ) at exit 123 near WalMart. There are several nice/decent places to eat in the area ( Logan's, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, etc. ).

Also avoid the ENTIRE Memphis area. Make sure you stop for gas around Jackson, TN are well after the West Memphis, AR area.

I'm about 15 miles off I-30 @ exit 111 ( the Hot Springs exit ) if you have time you are welcome to stop by for a beer, we can cook a ribeye on the grill, shoot a few guns and check out my Spyder that I'm building.

Paul

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back