Traveling to california, any thoughts?

Raider-3

My colorado ccw is recognized in Utah, Nevada its not, but Nevada seems ok with a loaded firearm as long as it stays in my vehicle. California if I understand it right, has to be locked in a box separate from loaded mags. Do I have this about right? So much for protecting myself. Any other thoughts I should know?

Your gun needs to be in a locked box seperate from your ammo. Locking glove box and locking center console do not count

Here's my thought, don't support California with your dollars. But aside from that all I can suggest is guns and unloaded ammo stored in seperate locked containers. Like the previous poster mentioned glove box and center console don't count.

I moved away from there after living my whole life there. There is nothing in Kommieefornia worth going back for.

Cops hate guns, don't give them a chance to even ask you about one.

All the California bashing aside, your ammo dosent have to be locked up, only your pistol. What part of CA are you visiting? Here in the central valley all of the bee keepers I deal with leave their gun empty on the dash and mags on the seat. In my 30 years of farming I have never heard of anyone getting harassed. If you are going to l.a. or s.f. I wouldn't advise that though

eXGee11:217196 said:
Here's my thought, don't support California with your dollars. But aside from that all I can suggest is guns and unloaded ammo stored in seperate locked containers. Like the previous poster mentioned glove box and center console don't count.
Agreed, however I'm having a reunion with my team from the marine corps that I haven't seen since we were in Iraq six years ago, and southern california is a known location for all of us.

Ok thanks I guess I'll just keep it locked up and keep thee ammo in the console. I'd keep it on they dash but I doubt san Clemente will let that stand. I'm hoping to stay under thee radar.

Hubby and I used to live in Mission Viejo. There are good and bad place in Kommifornika. I would advise you to go because of sentimental reasons -- friends. But get out of there as quick as you can...I only go to LA before to go overseas and never leave the airport until my plane is out of there. But now I have other alternative -- Texas.

Go, and have a good time. For you and your buddies-thanks for your service!
As for the armament, leave it home, or take & leave it locked up. Stay legal. I recommend a streaming pepper foam in a hard container that can also be used as an impact weapon.
Be strong

Hi Raider, I just posted under 'Traveling With A Handgun' this article-[UTAH + FLORIDA -non resident- Multi State licenses] Near the bottom of the article I mention the federal 'Act" of 1986, the McClure-Volkmer Act that protects you even if you find yourself in one of the 11 states/regimes that would otherwise 'deem' you a criminal,(even though you have gone through background checks)for owning a firearm and,(gasp!)having it with you. Check it out, Sincerely, Mark Shean Mark Shean: Ma.LTC/FID

Hi Raider, I just posted under 'Traveling With A Handgun' this article-[UTAH + FLORIDA -non resident- Multi State licenses] Near the bottom of the article I mention the federal 'Act" of 1986, the McClure-Volkmer Act that protects you even if you find yourself in one of the 11 states/regimes that would otherwise 'deem' you a criminal,(even though you have gone through background checks)for owning a firearm and,(gasp!)having it with you. Check it out, Sincerely, Mark Shean Mark Shean: Ma.LTC/FID

You need to read the Firearms Owners Protection Act again. When the OP is in California, he is subject to and must abide by California law because California is his destination state.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back