traveling out of country

ryancasper2004

I am traveling to St. Lucia next may for my honeymoon. I was wondering if I would be able to take my gun with me. I looked through a bunch of the government websites, but could not find anything. Can you guys help me out with this. thanks,

If I had to guess I would say NO. St. Lucia is owned by England. Went to Antigua this past Feb. for our honeymoon and it's the same way.

I would recommend AGAINST traveling out of country with ANY handgun. If you'e going hunting (African Safari, Canada waterfowel, etc), I'd STRONGLY recommend checking with your hunting guide as well as U.S. Customs. I avoid traveling out of country with my firearms if I can help it, since the 2A only covers us in the U.S.A.

gf

I have to agree with everyone else. If you are leaving the country then leave your firearm at home. You could spend your honeymoon and more in a foreign jail. Not good!

btw, Welcome to the site.

The thing is, I am renting a jeep when I get there and my fiance and I are just going to go explore the island ourselves. However, I have read a few sites where some people had some problems with the locals. One honeymoon couple was venturing on there own and some locals robbed them at gun point and rapped the woman right in front of here husband. Thats not gonna fly with me

I am traveling to St. Lucia next may for my honeymoon. I was wondering if I would be able to take my gun with me. I looked through a bunch of the government websites, but could not find anything. Can you guys help me out with this. thanks,

You're gonna have trouble because you will be on the airlines when you leave St. Lucia to come back. The United States will let you take a gun pretty much wherever you want, they don't care about you leaving the country with it as long as you incase the gun and lock it properly and check it in. When you leave St. Lucia you won't make it through security. You might make it in to your hotel when you get there because you won't go through a metal detector, but they might not even give it to you because you can't have a gun in your possession over there without permission from their government. Not worth the hassle to get permission..

I've been to that island many many times over the years as I'm a private corporate jet pilot. I take my gun to almost all of the islands I fly to and almost all of the countries I fly to anywhere in the world. I don't get permission from anyone, but I have a private jet that I can either keep the gun on if its an island that makes you go through security checkpoints with metal detectors on the way back to the plane. You can't legally go in without permission from that countries government with a gun. Alot of the countries/islands out in the Caribbean don't allow guns at all. For the countries that have absolutely NO security going in or out, I carry my gun with me everywhere.

I have my gun registered with US Customs, so I have to show it to them every time I come back with it. They always ask if I have it because its on the computer screen when I clear customs back in. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. They never blink an eye when I say I didn't bring it this trip. They never searched the plane. When I do have it I bring it in with me so they can look at the numbers on it that they have in the computer.

Here's the lowdown. You must have a St. Lucia firearm license that is available through the Commissioner of Police in order to bring one into the country.

Link Removed

St. Lucia gun act of 2003

http://www.rslpf.com/site/New firearms Act 2003.pdf

You may want to contact the Commissioner of Police to ascertain if you can get a permit.

Royal Saint Lucia Police Force

Strange, sounds like only automatic weapons are prohibited.

Prohibited weapons and ammunition

3.— (1) Subject to this Act, a person shall not use, purchase, acquire
or have in his or her possession, import or export, carry, manufacture,
supply or offer to supply to another, be concerned in the supplying to
another, of any of the following —

(a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that, if pressure
is applied to the trigger, missiles continue to be discharged
until pressure is removed form the trigger or the magazine
containing the ammunition is empty;

I wouldn't risk it. Not worth the trouble. Might take a cogressional delegation to get you back to the states. Do you want to be the "international crisis" that Obama has to deal with???? :nono:

I'd recommend carrying "multi-purpose" items. You know, stuff that's pretty innocent until employed in a self defense situation. A good example would be a heavy hard cover book. Striking a perp in the right location will be a good way to dissuade an attack.

Be creative. There's a lot of stuff you can pack that's legal and will help you get out of any mess you might find yourself in. Another option would be to find stuff to do around the populated areas. The hotel conceirge should be able to help you find activities. If I were there on my honeymoon, I doubt I'd be venturing very far from the hotel, but that's just me. :wink:

gf

I wouldn't risk it. Not worth the trouble. Might take a cogressional delegation to get you back to the states. Do you want to be the "international crisis" that Obama has to deal with???? :nono:

I'd recommend carrying "multi-purpose" items. You know, stuff that's pretty innocent until employed in a self defense situation. A good example would be a heavy hard cover book. Striking a perp in the right location will be a good way to dissuade an attack.

Be creative. There's a lot of stuff you can pack that's legal and will help you get out of any mess you might find yourself in. Another option would be to find stuff to do around the populated areas. The hotel conceirge should be able to help you find activities. If I were there on my honeymoon, I doubt I'd be venturing very far from the hotel, but that's just me. :wink:

gf

It really is easy to get permission to carry at alot of the islands out there. They want your money as tourism. Not saying they all will, but I do know a few people who have licenses at a few of the island countries.

Hell, bring some good mace.

The thing is, I am renting a jeep when I get there and my fiance and I are just going to go explore the island ourselves. However, I have read a few sites where some people had some problems with the locals. One honeymoon couple was venturing on there own and some locals robbed them at gun point and rapped the woman right in front of here husband. Thats not gonna fly with me

If you're that concerned about your safety, don't go.

St Lucia

St. Lucia is dirt floor poor, but most of the people are super nice. The road system is really non-existant. Alot of one lane dirt roads. Spent my honeymoon at the Jalousie Hilton on the south end of the island in the middle of jungle nowhere. Hope you like eating bananas and plantains. :wacko:

If you are out exploring, just remember you are driving a 3500# bullet. Anybody want to work up the energy figures?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back