Traveling from Michigan, threw Ohio to West Virgina. Couple questions.

kdogg

Leaving Friday morning for West Virgina. Will be passing threw Ohio to get there and I'm wondering if there is anything I need to know before going to Ohio or West VA?

I read all the info on the two states webpages about concealed carry and it sounds pretty much the same as Michigan but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Mostly worried about LEO interactions and what NOT to do while in those two states while carrying.

I'll be carrying my Kimber Pro Carry II 1911 or maybe my Kahr PM9. Both are generally carried IWB but I also have a pocket holster for the PM9. Neither of my holsters have any type of snap locks, they are just retention holsters.

Any info would be great.

*Post Edit*

Oh hey, do any of these states have any stupid laws about hollow point ammo like New Jersey does, or did anyway.

You are good to go in WVA , Except in Charleston. I think that is the only place you cannot conceal. What part of WVa are you headed too?

You are good to go in WVA , Except in Charleston. I think that is the only place you cannot conceal. What part of WVa are you headed too?

Charleston...

What do you mean you can't conceal there? How can you have a state concealed permit and not be allowed to conceal carry in a particular city?

Ok I looked for a ban on conceal carry in that city and found none. The ONLY!!! thing I found was a ban on open carry:

Open Carry Information:
West Virginia is a traditional open carry state but there are some grandfathered local open carry bans not preempted by state law, such as the City of Charleston. There is complete state preemption of all firearms laws, but any local laws passed before preemption remain in effect.

kdog i go to WVA all the time just a little north of where your going little city of Clay it's where my wifes folks are from and Ive been doing it for years never had any problems and have questioned several LEO's about it and all said I was good to go.

OK maybe it is open carry. But I thought I talked to someone before and they said you couldn't conceal in Charleston.

Hrm. Well, I'm in the car right now on my laptop, I'll call the State Police in W VA now and ask but I would have figured the map here would have listed that if it was true, thats a pretty big deal to not mention something like that.

While You Are Driving

Check www.handgunlaw.us and/or Link Removed to determine:
  • If you can possess the weapon at all your stops
  • Where and how you can carry at all your stops
  • What are the deadly force rules in each state you are visiting.

Charleston WV

Charleston...

What do you mean you can't conceal there? How can you have a state concealed permit and not be allowed to conceal carry in a particular city?

You may carry in Charleston (or any other city in WV) if you have a concealed handgun license. Charleston City Code § 78-163 (which is grandfathered under West Virginia's preemption law, W.Va. Code § 8-12-5a) requires a license to carry without regard to whether you carry openly or concealed.

OK some questions here maybe someone could answer. To start with I have NH resident CCW. Pa/Ma/Me non resident. In looking at the usa carry reciprocity site and loading in permits WV is covered by my Pa. CCW. Using Pack-N-GO carry putting in a trip coming up WV is not. Under the WV. law site info says Pa. is reciprical. A little help please.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back