Travel in South Dakota

wolf_fire

Hey folks.

I'm from PA and will be vacationing in SD for about a month this summer. I know I can (and will) look up a the firearms laws within SD, but was wondering if you folks have anything special to be on the look out for?

Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wolf

SD laws are pretty few and short. No carry in K-12 school property, in courthouses, and while CC'ing, in places that make more than half their money selling booze for on site consumption. (Strangely, the law does not prohibit open carry in bars!).

The one thing that might trip one up is this. State preempts laws relating to possession and carrying. But, several cities/towns have enacted ordinances prohibiting firearms in ANY places licensed to sell alcohol. These ordinances are on the surface illegal, but I'm not aware of any one testing them in court.

OC is legal, as in there's no law restricting it. I just don't see it in Rapid City area at all.

Enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the info sdprof. I appreciate your time posting and your sentiments. The wife and I are looking forward to exploring SD fairly well on my motorcycle.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back