Transporting Handgun in NJ

NY to NJ and back to NY.

I am licensed in NY to carry, been for many years. It seems like I can travel through NJ with gun unloaded, and locked in trunk, separate from ammo and I should be OK.
1. Is that accurate?
2. What about if I have to go to NJ for the day or weekend? Can I lock it up, unloaded, and put in the trunk?

tricky issue at least to me.
Thanks

I am licensed in NY to carry, been for many years. It seems like I can travel through NJ with gun unloaded, and locked in trunk, separate from ammo and I should be OK.
1. Is that accurate?
2. What about if I have to go to NJ for the day or weekend? Can I lock it up, unloaded, and put in the trunk?

tricky issue at least to me.
Thanks

Passing thru NJ...unloaded and locked in trunk. Don't stop for any reason if at all possible.

Visiting NJ....DO NOT BRING IT.

Passing thru NJ...unloaded and locked in trunk. Don't stop for any reason if at all possible.

Visiting NJ....DO NOT BRING IT.

Ditto

I would also Google the Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA) and carry a printed out a copy with me just to be on the safe side.

I am just about to move back to NJ from FL. When I turned 21 down here Bought a XD .45 pistol. When I go back am I going to be allowed to take my gun to the range without having an ID card. Also I bought the gun legally at my local gun shop in FL and also have a FL CCW permit.

Embrance and enjoy the last few days of CCW in FL before you move back to NJ my friend...

You should be ok as far is ID for the range. If you have paperwork for the pistol purchase from FL, bring it just in case.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back