Training

AussieRogue

Can anyone suggest a good training for the Wife and I as I will be getting a handgun in the next three weeks and would like to learn how to take down the gun and clean it properly. The Wife would like a refreshers course on using a semi auto

Thanks in advance

Check with a local gun shop, or shooting range. Either should be able to direct you to someone who has the expertise to provide the information you need. The owners manual that comes with the firearm should be your primary source of info for field stripping, and maintenance. Please recognize that there are thousands of opinions on cleaning a firearm, so take advice as just that. Then sort through it and decide what makes sense to you.

Get great training at Front Sight in Nevada. See Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
There are some better prices available right now - The two of you could go for as little as $600 for a two day defensive Handgun course - see: Gun Training Report #23 Did You Miss Your First Shot at This?

This is worth every peeny and it is very family friendly - no boot camp stuff.

Darn Vegasgun, you beat me to it. Nevertheless, I second this. Very good training to be had at Front Sight.

tattedupboy wrote:

Darn Vegasgun, you beat me to it. Nevertheless, I second this. Very good training to be had at Front Sight.

Have you personally been to Front Sight for training? I have seen some mixed reviews of FS online.

My instructor, who is in Alamogordo, has a very good class for women. If you are interested in looking into that, let me know via PM or email and I'll send you the information.

Max

Can anyone suggest a good training for the Wife and I as I will be getting a handgun in the next three weeks and would like to learn how to take down the gun and clean it properly. The Wife would like a refreshers course on using a semi auto

Thanks in advance

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back