Top Ten Signs That Your An Insane Christian

I did not read before it was edited. Can you bring it back????

Typical atheist, or so I thought, until he claims to be a Muslim. The POTUS, the Pope, and the Secretary of State all called on the pastor in FL to not burn the Koran, fearing a backlash against Christians and Jews. Yet anyone can burn the American flag on American soil, and it's not a crime. Pastor Terry Jones did the right thing by not burning the books, and this guy shows his lack of character by deleting his posts. Where are the prominent Muslims denouncing extremist Muslims. Instead they serve as apologists for the Muslim religion. A tree is known by the fruit it produces, and Muslims cause problems everywhere they are allowed to settle.

Here's the original post,

Found this on another website (Top Ten Signs That Your An Insane Christian - Topix), I wonder how many of the trolls here fit this description.

---Quote---
Top Ten Signs That Your An Insane Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
---End Quote---
and here is the poster boy for insane Christians..... Fred Phelps of the WBC

Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/PhelpsPulpit.jpg (Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Huh. Well, officially I guess I'm insane. But then, anyone who knows me already knows that. :to_pick_ones_nose:

I stumbled onto Pascal's Wager recently. Basically he said that if you act as if there is God then you win it all. Do not and act accordingly and He is true then you lose everything and hell also.
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the entire theory. It won't work for non-believers, and as such it is meaningless beyond its excellent example on the mathematics of infinity. Believers to not need it, and non-believers are not in any way saved by it. BELIEF is the requirement of the salvation of Christ. One cannot fake belief and fool God. And one cannot believe something they do not believe.

The closest Pascal gets to helping non-believers is the chance that acting as if they do will LEAD them to actual and genuine belief:

"Pascal states, however, that some do not have the ability to believe. In this case, he directs them to live as though they had faith, which may lead them to belief."

Note the Pascal's premise is based on his statement that one cannot base belief in God on reason:

"'God is, or He is not.' But to which side shall we incline? Reason can decide nothing here."

So Pascal's wager provides absolutely no sustenance to people who simply do not believe.

Read the entire theory. It won't work for non-believers, and as such it is meaningless beyond its excellent example on the mathematics of infinity. Believers to not need it, and non-believers are not in any way saved by it. BELIEF is the requirement of the salvation of Christ. One cannot fake belief and fool God. And one cannot believe something they do not believe.

The closest Pascal gets to helping non-believers is the chance that acting as if they do will LEAD them to actual and genuine belief:

"Pascal states, however, that some do not have the ability to believe. In this case, he directs them to live as though they had faith, which may lead them to belief."

Note the Pascal's premise is based on his statement that one cannot base belief in God on reason:

"'God is, or He is not.' But to which side shall we incline? Reason can decide nothing here."

So Pascal's wager provides absolutely no sustenance to people who simply do not believe.

It also doesn't take in account for the belief in the wrong god(s).

I did not read before it was edited. Can you bring it back????

My interpretation:
It looked like Bob was upset because some folks on this site made some impulsive comments about wanting Muslims dead. In all objectivity, this is just as bad as the "Death to Christians" chants in Afganistan that recently made the news.

He apparently found a site that tried to make the Westborough Baptist church the mouthpiece for many, if not all Christians, depending on how one interprets the statements and the emotional charge they carry.

He removed it, and I think he did the right thing, even though he still seems to be upset about statements made before he posted it.

Q: What do you get when you cross an agnostic, an insomniac, and a dyslexic?

A: Someone who stays up all night contemplating the existence of Dog.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back