Top 10 Things not to go cheap on

Wesco

Read an article by Jason Hanson, thought I'd make my own top 10 things you just cant go cheap on.

Had to keep TP, and Razors on the list... its just well... so true.

I saw a list today... by a fellow USA Carry Member, on his top TEN things you just can't go cheap on... Decided I'd make my own and share. Im the guy who when I need white t-shirts I can go find some within five miles in any given direction because there is always a walmart nearby, and gas? well ... nothing more then 87 quality in my tank and some of us can spend hundreds on a pair of shoes or jeans... not me. But we all have to admit there are some things in this world we just cant go cheap on. So here are a few of the things that topped my list.

1: Toilet paper- You can loose friends over this... we don't want to come over anymore, and well its just cruel to family members.

2: Razors- I know you all at one point or another have been at a hotel and forgotten your blade at home and had to use the one they give you... you barely survive bleeding to death, right?

3: Protective equipment: And its protective equipment of any kind. You don't go buy $2,500 scuba diving tickets in maui with the **** you just bought at the 10 for 10 sale at walmart, right? Or when someone breaks into your home at 3am looking to do harm to your family, are you the "grab the broomstick" guy, or the "grab the kimber .45" guy? I mean really.

4: Tires: You remember that time your best bud came up to you and he is like, " look at my new wheels man", ya got to drive it and see how awesome they ride so ya do... and ya hit the road and its like your driving a water bed instead of a car and ya look at the speedometer and it only reads 25mph? And you wonder why some young people are all over the road when they start to merge on the freeway.

5: Mechanic: I mean, when your transmission is laying in the bed of your buddys pickup and your delivering it to the shop your vehicle was last towed to your not gonna be wanting to pay the mexican on the street corner who "no speaky english" half price.

6: Tipping: Now, people will argue this one with me I'm sure, but when you go to a restaurant where the waitress/waiter is making minimum wage and your asking for everything but the Eiffel tower, its implied that you leave a nice tip, otherwise when you come in next time you just might end up with what looks like nuttella on your toast and have it be the "cooks special".

7: Eye glasses: I don't wear glasses but I've heard horror stories. Now if you NEED glasses, your probably like most people who go to the eye doctor find out what they truly cost, and end up at walmart later that evening buying a "buy one get one" pair of generic reader glasses for $15 bucks. What you don't know is when you put them on and hit the road for home that while your driving down the freeway at 65 mph you will be seeing lights and pretending your on a light speeder from star wars.

8: Diapers: Need I say more... gross.

9: Your Truck: When you go truck shopping you don't stop in to the local Hyundai dealer, you drive on by as fast as you can and hope your wife doesn't want to stop.

10: Plastic Silverware: If your going to buy or use plastic silverware because you don't own or want to do any dishes at least get the good stuff, I mean have you ever gone over to your best buds pad and sat down to eat a nice steak and have a beer with a steamy baked potato and then realized that all he had was sporks because he was too cheap to get the $1.19 pack of utensils (yea, you men know what I'm talking about) ... lord all mighty. If your like us, we went through half the damn box in one sitting.

Anyways, that's all for now. Tata..

I agree with you on everything here including the sporks. I was thinking of the same because I need a box of good ones instead of the el cheapo you can buy at a glorified Walmart (Sam's) down the road for our convention this coming June. I remember going to a fly-in at Texas last year and all we had at the banquet was a hard piece of chicken breast each and swimming green beans. The plastics can hardly pierce the piece of rock so I opted not to eat and just went around to take photographs of those that did and lo and behold! broken pork and knives on the table by the dozen! what a waste of money! On post processing my stills, instead of showing the whole pictures, I photoshopped them to remove the broken utensils. What a job!:laugh:

For the most part your right. But I must make one correction.and add a couple. I believe you are missing the boat greatly on the Hyundai comment just because you don't know yet. ( see the name). Also the shoes, I used to feel the same way until I actually purchased some nice shoes (ecco at $170) they lasted 3 years of pounding pavement as compred to 6 months for the $50 pair. Also Steaks never buy cheap steaks. Never buy cheap amno.

Never buy cheap amno.

I'll second this in case of defensive ammo. Target ammo however is all about cheap stuff.

I also agree about newer Hyundai's, they use to be terrible but the past few years have shown an amazing turn around in quality from everything I have heard/seen.

Domineaux:299047 said:
Never buy cheap amno.

I'll second this in case of defensive ammo. Target ammo however is all about cheap stuff.

I also agree about newer Hyundai's, they use to be terrible but the past few years have shown an amazing turn around in quality from everything I have heard/seen.

Ammo and steaks? And boat... Dont think you'll find any arguments there lol.

Find me a hyundai pickup lol

I went cheap on diapers. Oddly enough, we were more satisfied with Parent's Choice than we ever were with Huggies or Pampers.

I agree with everything on the list, however I disagree about your comment on 87 octane fuel.
That might actually be the best octane level for your vehicle and it may not.
You need to drive 200 miles using each octane level, nearly emptying the tank each time and check your MPG with each type.
Once you have done that you now need to compare MPD (miles to the Dollar).
You just might find that buying a higher grade just might be saving you money.
I found this out with my '06 Toyota Tacoma, the owner's manual actually suggested using 91 octane.
This just didn't sit well with me, being that its more expensive (per gallon) than the 87.
So, the test began trying the different grades. I tried 87, 89, 91 and 93 and to my surprise the 91 was indeed the best bargain.
Remember, you are checking miles to the dollar, not miles to the gallon.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back