took test Saterday

ruger45

OK took cwp course Sat scored good now onto the 5 month wait. So in the meantime have excuse to buy new gun for carry :pleasantry: so on to research what do you guys carry in hot weather? will carry 1911 in cold but looking for warm weather ideas thanks

Curious... why do you say 5 month wait? Best as we can tell, the 90 day window is still working fairly well...

Howard

last i heard 150 day wait one LADY doing all of scI just heard that if you are about to take the CWP class now, the wait is at least 150 days! The SLED folks have also said that whenever you call to check on your permit, it stops the whole process of processing permits! So if I understand this right, one lady processes the permits, mails them out, licks the stamps, answers the phone, mops the floor, shines the windows, sweeps the parking lot and is a single mom. I'm not trying to kick up dust again here, but adding another 30 days to the 120 which was 30 added to the original 90 is insane. I wonder if I should get my 5 year old son to apply now!!

Again, I ask - where are you hearing this? As I stated, our best info has the wait in the general 90 day timeframe. Yes, some do take longer... for instance, appx 15% of apps are returned for fingerprint errors (unclassifiable). Yes, SLED took a 30% reduction in funding and manpower along with just about everybody else in the country. However, they have implemented some changes that have helped compensate. Not perfect, but then what is? so far, the worst I've heard is about 110 days.

Howard

have ben told by instructor that due to number of apps and reduction of help that could take 150 days sooner would be fantastic but not counting on it

The longest I have heard of anyone is 94 days. Mine was in exactly 60 days. Everyone I have talked to or heard of has been a 54-90 day frame so I have no idea where the 150 day BS is coming from. I was told to expect the full 90 days so it surprised me at day 60. They have to notify you within 90 days is you are rejected by law.

Sounds to me you need a new instructor.

Congratulations on taking the step to get your permit. Lets just hope it doesn't take that long to get it in your hand...

I carry a Charter Arms off duty 5 shot 38,,,I carry it year round,,,,in the house I have a Colt 45 ACP 1991 A1,,,I fine it easy to to carry the 38,,,The 45 is just to big ,,,Plus the 38 will not jam,,,The Colt never jams,, but like I said the 38 never will at all,,,Will good luck and hope you never have to use it,,,,

I like the Sig Sauer P220 45 acp, for carry also the P226, depending on what your looking for. If your looking for garaunteed no hassle shots go with a revolver, there are many different sizes, colt has one the size of a pack of smokes and can sit in your pocket and wait - arming yourself is simply putting your hands in your pockets, no pulling a firearm and drawing attention or another persons lead - if you are fixed on a 1911, I would look at Wilson Combat, its a bit pricey, maybe you can find a deal on gunsamerica.com - and I am a fan of .45 cal hollow point FMJ, stops the dancing early. Also make sure you get a reputable holster, the fellows at Milt Sparks holsters make the finest. If you or anyone has any questions please feel free to message me. - Also in case you havent please join the NRA and help protect your rights - be safe yall!

i also carry a sig 220 using a mitch rosen iwb holster conceals nicely from late fall to mid spring, then i carry a sig 239 until late fall arrives again. and for those times when i absolutely dont want even the trained eye to have a clue i am carrying i carry a smith 38 j frame by the use of a set of collins lip grips. nothing exposed but that itty bitty handle which is easily covered with an untucked t shirt:biggrin:

I think the statements about return time are from instructors just trying to prepare people in case they do get behind. But mine came last week at +/-92 days from the check being cashed. My bother in laws came int he same time. Father in laws was sent back twice in the first week over the dissability verification issues so he is over 90 days.

So far after alot of shopping, asking, and holding of firearms...I have decided on a Para Ordinance slim hog. If I could afford the extra money I'd go with a Kimber Ultra Carry. Both are 1991 style in .45 ACP with 3" barrells so they fit in your pocket pretty well. I hate carrying my heavy S&W 4" slide. But if you can get over wanting a 1911 I really like the Taurus Ultra like .38 (I think). Its a very light revolver and is great for pocket carry. Due to limited safety's my wife requested I stay away from revolvers. So I will. I have seen a few other nice compacts slide actions from Taurus, etc. but I really think for a 1911 summer carry you're gonna have to go with a light weight 3" barrel.

I'm carrying my XD40 service (4" barrel) all the time... cause it's all I got. Sure it's heavy, but still concealable. Betther than no gun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back