Tomorrow is the first day to renew

SR9

Tomorrow, Jan. 2 2015, is the first day you can apply to renew your DECCW permit for those that run out in 2015. Prothonotary's Office open regular business hours. Forms and instructions are also available online. Apply ASAP.

Took my renewal app in today. I was puzzled by the question on there asking reason for application, when there was a check off block on the top for "New" or "Renewal". I found out through sources that all I had to put in there was "To protect myself, my wife, and my property" I did so and turned it in, with no questions asked. Clerk said it would probably take 4 to 6 weeks for it to come back.

"To protect myself, my wife, and my property"

What if you use It to protect someone else or your children, will the charge you with a felony and revoke your permit?

Like anything else, it depends on the circumstances. But I believe if an attacker is a threat to a persons life, you would be ok, or at least in my state. You would have to check the laws in your individual state.
The purpose of a CCW permit is not so you can go around playing "Dirty Harry".

What if you use It to protect someone else or your children, will the charge you with a felony and revoke your permit?
In layman's terms here in Delaware you may use deadly force to protect others if that person you are protecting would have had the right to use deadly force themselves.

Went to the mailbox this morning 2/6 and there was my renewed DECCW permit . Took it in on 1/5 , got it back on 2/6. I'd say that was 1 month in Kent County. Good luck, hope you all get yours that fast, or better.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back