To open carry or not?

sig p6

Hmm on vacation, sitting in in meeetisees Wyoming and woundering about open carry here and in Montana . I m from Wisconsin and think think things might be different out here... Let me know

I have a son, 2 grandsons and their wives that open carry in WI. Been there and saw this myself. I C/C, and now my son does too. As for Montana and Wyoming, you need to check out their laws and would be a safe bet to contact people you know that live there to see what the trend is. Other than that, maybe you should take your gun and check out the terrain, so to speak. You could also go to those state threads on this site and contact someone on there.

You won't have any issues open carrying in Wyoming and Montana. I lived in Wyoming from the age of 12 to 22. Last year my family took a vacation from Washington to South Dakota, through Montana and Wyoming. Of course I open carried all the way. Once we got out of Washington and into Idaho it was legal for my 18 year old daughter to open carry in all the other states we were in so she did as well.

If you can legally own a gun, you can carry it openly in Wyoming. There are no state statutes regarding open carry, but all federal laws and restrictions apply. You may be questioned occasionally in the cities (all three of them), but the police of any sort will not be bothering you anywhere else unless you create a problem. Use a good retention holster and follow the four rules carefully... that's all we ask.

Have a great visit!

Hmm on vacation, sitting in in meeetisees Wyoming and woundering about open carry here and in Montana . I m from Wisconsin and think think things might be different out here... Let me know
I'm in the process of changing my state or residence. There will be a period of a couple months where I will not be legally able to carry concealed until my new state residence carry permit arrives.

Unlicensed open carry, however, is legal, so I will be carrying openly during this time.

I like to CC just to avoid the hysterical people and so I can ignore gun free zones.

I like to CC just to avoid the hysterical people and so I can ignore gun free zones.

I prefer CC myself. I have neither the time nor energy to spend on people who would give me a hard time if I OC! I have met many who just the word "gun" sets them off. Which is why I prefer CC. I have no problem with whoever wants to OC.

I don't care how anyone carries, my stand is to carry!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back