TN Resident vacationing in Florida

TaterMac

Sorry if this has been posted. I looked around some and didn't get my answer. Here's the deal. I was told by my wife last night that we will be in Florida in June. I looked on the map today and see that Florida does not honor my TN Permit. Whats my next step? Do I have to Pay Florida for a Non resident license while I'm there for a week? Who do I contact?

I do not know what map you looked at but the maps on this site and the maps at handgunlaw.us show that Florida does accept TN Resident permits. So unless something has changed in the short term you will be OK!

OK Thanks for the info. I was on here looking earlier and I don't know how I set up the map, but it showed up yellow and the color key suggested resident permits only or so I thought. It is complete user error. My apologies for the error. Thanks for helping!

OK Thanks for the info. I was on here looking earlier and I don't know how I set up the map, but it showed up yellow and the color key suggested resident permits only or so I thought. It is complete user error. My apologies for the error. Thanks for helping!

Tater you have to be a resident of the state in which you have your permit from. I.e. TN resident with a TN HCP visiting in FL--okay. TN resident with a Utah permit visiting FL--not okay.

I got it now. Yep, I'll be totally legal to carry in Florida. Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate the help and the links.

I used to carry in TN with a FL cwl. Could of opened carry if I wanted to.

You are replying to a thread related to a vacation in June 2014. It is August 2016 now, if you haven't noticed. Your post comes 2 years too late.

Also, this thread is about a Tennessee resident vacationing in Florida. Parsing your grammar correctly, you are saying that you have a Florida Concealed Weapon License that you used to carry when being in Tennessee. That is the opposite of what this thread is about.

Also, Tennessee is one of the few stupid states that requires a license for both, open and concealed carry. I just wanted to mention this, so to not cause even more confusion. In any case, the Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit is recognized in Florida for Tennessee residents only. Tennessee does have a non-resident permit as well, which Florida does not recognize.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back