Title 2 weapons and Class 3 license

No License Required

No license is required to own a Title 2. You fill out a Form 4, wait for approval and purchase the Tax Stamp to register and possess the weapon or other Title 2 device.

No license is required to own a Title 2. You fill out a Form 4, wait for approval and purchase the Tax Stamp to register and possess the weapon or other Title 2 device.

Okay. I was under the impression that ATF's Form 4 was for the C3 license. Thank you for clarifying. By the way, welcome to the site!

I own several Class III items. Each of them requires a separate form 4 (2 copies) for each transfer of the class III item.

I.E. If you want two sound suppressors, one a 9mm Luger and the other a .45 ACP suppressor you will have to have two set's of form 4's per each suppressor. $200 submitted for the ATF Tax stamp for both ($400) and each set of form 4's has to be signed by the local Chief of Law Enforcement or use a trust as described in the article above. Finger prints on both set's of forms and a passport type photo on both set's of forms.

Your Class III dealer submits these too an examiner at the BATFE and your required background check is then completed. Your dealer will recieve the copy of the approved form 4 and allow you to transfer the item into your hands at that time.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back