Timeline to be a resident in WA?

Steve40th

I was reading a blog and someone mentioned you can be considered a resident of a state after living within state after 30 days?
If this is correct you can get a resident permit vice a non resident if you happen to work or live there for more than 30 days.
Correct me if I am wrong, with facts if possible as I cant find anything to state this.

RCW 9.41.070: Concealed pistol license

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Washington does not have different resident and non-resident CPLs. The only difference is the maximum time allowed for it to be issued based on the factors listed in RCW 9.41.070.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back