Time to band together

pistol pete

New york will most likely be one of the first states to go after guns. the liberal dems have over run the repuplicans. Its time for everyone in NY to band together and fight.
The recent tragic hunting accident in Sullivan country has them already buzzing about banning certain rifles. The politicans must start going after criminals and not law abiding citizens.

Please support these groups and dig in to fight for your rights.
NRA, NYSRPA, SCOPE

SCOPE - Shooters' Committee On Political Education

You New York folks definitley have your work cut out for you. To start, you are vastly outnumbered by liberal democrats... You are right in that you need to stand up to the anti's. However, I'm afraid in NY it will be a long up hill battle. What the anti's fail to understand, is that you can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals no matter how strict the gun laws are.

I have been thinking and plotting to leave NY (where I was born and raised) for a long time. Every day I think about it more and more. Sometimes I feel that it is cowardly to leave because I disagree with the laws, the politicians, the schools, and most people in my community.

There are a lot of good people here that I agree with, however, I do not see the passion in others for the sports, activities, and hobbies that I cherish. new york might be hopeless. The day that I move on to find another home is drawing closer, but as long as I am here, I will continue to fight for all of our rights.

Willy, you are not alone. I also am born and raised in NY. My family is here, all the kids and grand kids live close. I also totally disagree with the liberal left of NY politics. I also have put my family "on Notice" that if things do get worse and the fight seems lost, Im outta here. I don't want to go, but I won't live under their rule anymore.
So for now, I will fight on. Spread the word willy, get people motivated. Lets give them a good fight.

My dad told me in 1966 that NYC was a good place to be from.

Far from.

(He grew up in Hoboken, NJ and skipped school to watch the Yankees)

I too was born and raised in NY. I too feel like leaving, often. Just about anywhere else - better jobs, lower cost of living, more freedom. However, if all of us like-minded folks move out, NY will NEVER turn back. We are, unfortunately, a minority across the US, not just in NY. If we let them drive us out of our home towns, and we all come together in a smaller number of free states, we lose a lot of representation in government. We may have a few states that are very strongly conservative, but there will be more states that are strongly liberal. In a few years, when things are no better (or much worse) we will be the catalyst to bring the undecided folks back over to our side. And we need to be able to do that all over, including in NY. Please stick around, and help keep some balance here. Eventually I think we can make an overall difference if we stay, but if we abandon our childhood home state, it's like throwing it away. What would be better for the larger cause, would be for folks who live in free areas to actually move here and help us tip the balance in NY. I know no one will do that, but that would actually be the best way to change things I think.

Yes, yes, and yes!!!

What the anti's fail to understand, is that you can't keep guns out of the hands of criminals no matter how strict the gun laws are.

WELL STATED! What you said needs to be posted and plastered on every sign, every bill board, street corner, building, parking lot, newspaper ad, magazine rack, EVERYWHERE! from Maine to California, from Washington State to Florida, in Alaska and Hawaii, to the outer holdings, AND BEYOND!:yu::yu::yu:

For all of you still living in NY, I feel your pain. I was born and raised in upstate NY. I left there when I was 30. I now live in South Carolina and have never regreted moving away from that draconian state 13 years ago. While in NY I had a pistol permit that took an act of congress to get and I now have a CWP for SC that was very easy to get. Sorry to say, but I don't think NY will ever change for the better. Moving is not all that bad an idea. There are alot of other states that let you exercise your personal freedoms. If you get tired of NY, come on down to SC. As far as I know, we are the first state to have a tax exempt weekend on firearm purchases on the weekend after Thanksgiving! :biggrin: Keep up the good fight.
WULFPAC

RHEAJ- Well said. Im not giving up yet, but I am looking at other states for a "bugout" place.
GDCLEANFUN- Great idea. Maybe we should all chip in and put adds in our local papers. Anyone in?
WULFPAC- Thanks for the words and the invite.

I have been thinking and plotting to leave NY (where I was born and raised) for a long time. Every day I think about it more and more. Sometimes I feel that it is cowardly to leave because I disagree with the laws, the politicians, the schools, and most people in my community.

There are a lot of good people here that I agree with, however, I do not see the passion in others for the sports, activities, and hobbies that I cherish. new york might be hopeless. The day that I move on to find another home is drawing closer, but as long as I am here, I will continue to fight for all of our rights.

Move to NH. See the link here for info on the FreeState project. Some of the LP'ers are a bit 'querky,' but they love the second amendment!

Move to a real free state NH. More and more people move here for more rights and no tax. They have all come together and are fighting to keep NH free. Trust me they make there voice known to all in power and fight the so called MAN on every topic. From having to have a CWP to having to have a Drivers Lic and so on they are hear the fight has started. Most of them are out of starters but some born and raised NHer's are coming into the fight. I'm not there yet I'm on the fence.

Infidel, I have been eyeing the Free State Project for quite a while. As their website has grown and become more organized with more resources, I cannot help but think I am well within the 5 year horizon to move there.

My mind is made up. I am not going to stay in ny forever. NH sounds better and better the more I learn.

WELL STATED! What you said needs to be posted and plastered on every sign, every bill board, street corner, building, parking lot, newspaper ad, magazine rack, EVERYWHERE! from Maine to California, from Washington State to Florida, in Alaska and Hawaii, to the outer holdings, AND BEYOND!:yu::yu::yu:

Totally agree...If someone wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get there hands on it (legally or illegally). JMO of course.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back