Time it took to get my Utah Non Resident permit

I live in New York and mailed out my Utah Non Resident permit and it arrived to them on 12/14/2010

Check cleared my bank 12-22-2010

My permit says issued 1/26/2011

I received it in the mail today 2/3/2011

53 days total with 4 holidays in the mix

I got mine in exactly five weeks...from my mailing the proper documentation and check to receiving the permit in the mail.

Sounds like your's got stuck in someone's outbox.

Mine went out in the mail Feb 2, now the wait. Trying to figure out what others make sense to get for the best coverage...NH, FL, AZ,etc?

Utah Governor signs SB36 that prohibits the issuance of Utah permits to some out-stat

I live in New York and mailed out my Utah Non Resident permit and it arrived to them on 12/14/2010

Check cleared my bank 12-22-2010

My permit says issued 1/26/2011

I received it in the mail today 2/3/2011

53 days total with 4 holidays in the mix

Be glad you got it and enjoy it while it lasts. Because you live in New York it's your last Utah permit. See my post on the main board if you have questions. lowjiber and dalv sames applies to you.....

Eli

eli:

SB 36 only affects "a nonresident applicant who resides in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm permit law." Residents of the states that do not honor Utah's permits--Maine, Vermont (no permit required or issued), Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, South Carolina, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Calidornia, Oregon, and Hawaii--are not required to have a home state (or any other state's) permit to obtain or renew a Utah permit (unless their states subsequently choose to recognize Utah permits.

???

Umm, now I'm really confused. Has this been enacted and will it effect me getting/renewing my Utah permit?

Still waiting on the permit - expect it in the next couple weeks if timeframe is similar to others.

My club is conducting another class today - sure hope the instructor is current on this....

Umm, now I'm really confused. Has this been enacted and will it effect me getting/renewing my Utah permit?

Still waiting on the permit - expect it in the next couple weeks if timeframe is similar to others.

My club is conducting another class today - sure hope the instructor is current on this....

Since you live in New York and New York does not honor Utah permits, SB 36 does not affect you.

I'm a bit confused too. I live in Virginia and have a Va Permit. Is Va affected by this bill? what is the affect on applications in progress, my fee was processed last week.

Any addl info would be helpful.

Thanks

Rick

I'm a bit confused too. I live in Virginia and have a Va Permit. Is Va affected by this bill? what is the affect on applications in progress, my fee was processed last week.

Any addl info would be helpful.

Thanks

Rick

New Applications received before May 10, 2011 will be fine. Since you do have your VA permit it will not effect you anyway.

Mine went out March 18, CC hasn't been billed yet.

My Alabama request went out yesterday, we'll see which one arrives first.

2 months to the day - Feb 2 - April 2. Came with disclaimer if FBI rejects me then it is void. I thought that was strange as NY would NEVER issue without their approval. Not complaining - just shows the difference in attitude between states.

Might have to visit Utah to see what ii is like to be free.,

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back