Time for some Sneaky Peeps...

Guys I have to say... You definetly have bigger ones then me. I just couldn't do the Kilt thing.

Just got back from Hawaii and perhaps at least 4 times each day I was approached there by people inquiring about where they could buy a kilt like mine... women are the most impressed and usually step-up on behalf of their husbands or boyfriends to say how much they admire men in kilts.

I suspected it would be easier to wear a kilt in Hawaii because so many Pacific Islander men where lava-lava's but most of the women that did inquire were suprisingly from the mainland. One woman while with her husband, or boyfriend, said to me-"...you've got to have more than just raw confidence in your manhood, you have to have a higher level of education and intellectual prowess to understand it!" I was a bit shocked but what the hell was her husband going to say? If he did I would stomped his lights out- or perhaps she would have done it for me!:D

It takes a bit to get over "first jump jitters" to wear a kilt in public but once beyond it... you'll wear them all this time.

Last edited:
Only you and I know how it feels the be in public in a kilt..and you are so right, the ladies just LOVE it! For me, the confidence level is thru the roof! You tend to walk a little straighter, your alert level is way high...for those of you out there who are even the bit curious, check out the link in my sig..many of my Kilted Brothers carry, just as do the bifercated textlies do.

Guys I have to say... You definetly have bigger ones then me. I just couldn't do the Kilt thing.
Sure you can..after taking that first step to be in public, you will feel such confidence..the hardest part is taking that 1st step..perhap rent a kilt first and try it..to buy a kilt is a bit pricey just to try it out.
Aint nothing sissy abt this! Link Removed

I'm almost sold... and I know my wife would get a kick out of it.

So, exactly how do you hide a Makarov in a sporran?

I'm almost sold... and I know my wife would get a kick out of it.

So, exactly how do you hide a Makarov in a sporran?

Funny you should ask...get a BIGGER sporran..or you can always use the "Smart Carry" as I do (did you see the pic I posted in the Smart Carry thread?) or have a pouch sewn onto the inside kilt panel to hold a weapon..also Josh at NeoKilt in WA state (heads up here Elzy) will sew in a pistol pocket into your kilt..so it is VERY feasable to carry while kilted.

And "cooler" too! You get ALOT of attention while kilted! I once got to drive my brothers AC Cobra and I was in a Kilt..I got alot of attention while in the car, and once out of the car, I got ALOT of attention...
Link Removed

I gotta tell ya... My heritage has a wee bit o' Scottish blood in there, of which I am disproportionately proud, and I'd be interested in at least having a kilt for the odd occasion that I wanted to make a statement. But I'm on a motorcycle 90% of the time (barring snow, rain, or bitter, bitter cold weather) and the thought of a kilt...and a motorcycle...well, you can see the small dilemma (no pun intended).

Any thoughts...?

No problem during good riding wx..I ride my harley often while kilted..it tucks pretty well, just be sure you gather up the kilt under your butt so that it doesnt get into the rear wheel and or pipes...now use your head here, if it's cold or raining, then you need to cover up with either chaps, rainsuit, pants etc...I ride all year long and a kilt is a no-go on a 35 deg day, knowatimean? Also feel free to wear leggings on a summer day to protect your shins from bugs and/or road rash..yes, riding a bike in a kilt is very doo-able!

Here I am at Front Sight.

Link Removed

Link Removed

And this is when I was mountain biking in Brianhead, UT a few weeks back.
Link Removed

More of you guys need to post pictures of yourselves in kilts. I am totally loving that!

Here's me:

smallsmile-vi.jpg

And, since Halloween is closing in, here's me last Halloween:

DSCN0913-vi.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan