Time for a clasic....

Sheldon

This has been around for some time and as I have not seen it posted for a while it's rerun time Press One for English
On a side note when the phone rings and I hear 'please press 1 for English" I give them a few choice words and then slam down the phone.... This is America, learn to speak the language or leave.

if it's good enough for the US military workplace as the only language allowed for everyday work, it's good enough for the rest of the country

I got an 11 year-old half brother who told me school was teaching him the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.
And my sister moved down to California, and picked up spanish pretty quickly. She got herself a Mexican boyfriend who lived in the US for 11 years and doesn't know a lick of English.
A lot of mexicans jump the border into Kalifornia, and then come up into Oregon. At the saw mill I recently got laid off from, the mexicans out number Americans 2 to 1. It was difficult to communicate with some of them, which in a saw mill, can pose a big safety hazard. I got no problem with them being Mexicans, but damn it, if I'm crawling into a machine to fix something, I want the other guy to understand me when I say, "Don't turn the damn machine back on!"

I got an 11 year-old half brother who told me school was teaching him the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish.
. It was difficult to communicate with some of them, which in a saw mill, can pose a big safety hazard. I got no problem with them being Mexicans, but damn it, if I'm crawling into a machine to fix something, I want the other guy to understand me when I say, "Don't turn the damn machine back on!"

Amen bro I hear you, lately there have been a number of car accidents where the driver spoke no English and basically had no idea what they were doing was wrong, Obviously they were driving illegally.

As to the Spanish version of the pledge... tell him to boycott it and invite his dad to show up to class and join in the protest, I know I would had they tried that on my kids...

Amen bro I hear you, lately there have been a number of car accidents where the driver spoke no English and basically had no idea what they were doing was wrong, Obviously they were driving illegally. ...
That is why we left the Republik of Kalifornia and moved here to the Commonwealth of Missouri...:biggrin: 'Been here for over 20+ years without any incidents like we did where our hangar was located at Hampton.

On a side note anyone here see 45 tonight abut the family they was kidnapped and held at gunpoint by the Mexicans just across the boarder.... they got out OK but if they only could have had been well armed but that is just not possible for the law abiding......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back