Tight Ammo Supply

You are really good at quoting others and ruining threads, how about you try one original thought? Just one? Instead of the diatribe you spew on a daily basis try to think and write an original thought, I know it will be thought since you have never expressed one but give it a try, you might actually like it! LOL:sarcastic:

So says the guy, whose track record is making superfluous statements with no factual basis, and starting and or interjecting uncalled for arguments with somebody in nearly every thread he has participated in...
Further, nearly every word and statement you make reeks of a Obama loving forum infiltrator...

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius

You both need to stop. Your petty bickering has hijacked quite a few threads and is about to earn each of you a spot on my Ignore list. Currently that honor is only held by JWTollet, but you're welcome to join him if you can't post on topic and stop the name calling.

Wouldn't you know it after have seeing nothing but intermittent .40 showing up at any ammo retailer locally or on line, I finally broke down and bought a Springfield XD Chambered in .40 (AKA: short & weak), and much to my chagrin, not a stinking .40 to be had now, and a s*#$ load of 9mm...

Saturday 05/30/2009 9:30AM PST 9MM AMMO AT WALMART IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA!

I made my usual tour of 4 Walmarts in the Las Vegas area, earlier this am and the first two were the usual no joy...

The next two, did not have any common pistol or rifle ammo except 9mm Blazer Brass in 50 round boxes...
But they easily had 60 boxes at each store, both with a 6 box limit...

so if you are in Vegas, better get on it...

The two locations were:

1. Decatur & Charleston (1 block east of Decatur on Charleston, South Side of Road)
  2. Spring Mountain & Rainbow (S.W. Corner)

Update: Sunday May 31st, 2009...

The 4 Walmarts aforementioned now have zero common pistol, rifle ammo or shotgun slugs, buckshot., etc...

Including the two aforementioned that I found had at least 60 fifty round boxes each of the 9mm Blazer Brass...

You both need to stop. Your petty bickering has hijacked quite a few threads and is about to earn each of you a spot on my Ignore list. Currently that honor is only held by JWTollet, but you're welcome to join him if you can't post on topic and stop the name calling.

Thank you. I would take it to PM but BO never returns any.

As I stated before I will try to pick up primers for those of you who asked tomorrow. Also those out here on the Olympic Peninsula The Thriftway in Forks has all calibers in stock.

Please stop all the bickering and arguing. You all have received PM's, please read them. Let's get this thread back on track please.

Bud's Gun shop in auctioning off Winchester White Box .380 ammo. Present bid is $37 per 50rd box. Dark times are truly upon us. :angry:

Link Removed

Bud's Gun shop in auctioning off Winchester White Box .380 ammo. Present bid is $37 per 50rd box. Dark times are truly upon us. :angry:

That is friggin' ridiculous. I was contemplating purchasing a Ruger LPC for a back-up/pocket pistol, but I might have to re-think that idea at those ammo prices. Or, maybe just cut back on the range rounds. Yeah, that's a much better idea.:crazy_pilot:

I found one box of 32 Auto and one box of 44 Mag at our local Walmart. They have been out of handgun Ammo for six months, it's the same with all local Gunshops. Walmart is slowly starting to get some in.

I found the following info on the National Shooting Sports Foundation website Link Removed

ANSWERS TO AMMUNITION AVAILABILITY QUESTIONS

NSSF has received numerous calls regarding shortages of ammunition. Many of these callers have expressed concern that the supply of ammunition is not able to keep up with the current demand.

In order to provide the best information possible on the issue of ammunition availability, NSSF interviewed ammunition manufacturers across the United States. Here's what we have learned:

Is there truly a shortage of ammunition?

The shortage of ammunition is real and is caused by several factors including:

A significant spike in consumer demand

Law Enforcement demand for training and readiness

Department of Defense demand for training and readiness

Higher prices from commodities

What calibers are in the highest demand?

The high demand for ammunition extends across caliber lines. The increase can be seen in most handgun, rifle and rimfire ammunition and on certain shot shell products such as buckshot.

What are manufacturers doing to keep up with demand?

In order to help keep up with demand for ammunition, manufacturers are working at full capacity (24/7). It is believed that any ammunition shortage is likely a temporary issue; however, it will take time for supply to catch up with demand.

How long will it take for supply to catch up with demand?

While it is believed that supply will be increasing, the great unknown is what demand will be later in the year. Since there is no way for manufacturers to predict how long consumer demand will be sustained at its current, unprecedented level, it is impossible for manufacturers to forecast the timeline for when the current backlog will begin to improve.

I found the following info on the National Shooting Sports Foundation website Link Removed

ANSWERS TO AMMUNITION AVAILABILITY QUESTIONS

NSSF has received numerous calls regarding shortages of ammunition. Many of these callers have expressed concern that the supply of ammunition is not able to keep up with the current demand.

In order to provide the best information possible on the issue of ammunition availability, NSSF interviewed ammunition manufacturers across the United States. Here's what we have learned:

Is there truly a shortage of ammunition?

The shortage of ammunition is real and is caused by several factors including:

A significant spike in consumer demand

Law Enforcement demand for training and readiness

Department of Defense demand for training and readiness

Higher prices from commodities

What calibers are in the highest demand?

The high demand for ammunition extends across caliber lines. The increase can be seen in most handgun, rifle and rimfire ammunition and on certain shot shell products such as buckshot.

What are manufacturers doing to keep up with demand?

In order to help keep up with demand for ammunition, manufacturers are working at full capacity (24/7). It is believed that any ammunition shortage is likely a temporary issue; however, it will take time for supply to catch up with demand.

How long will it take for supply to catch up with demand?

While it is believed that supply will be increasing, the great unknown is what demand will be later in the year. Since there is no way for manufacturers to predict how long consumer demand will be sustained at its current, unprecedented level, it is impossible for manufacturers to forecast the timeline for when the current backlog will begin to improve.

Same talking points for months. Ammo manufacturers are 24/7 around the clock and the shelves are constantly empty. Yeah... that makes sense to me. The firearm cabinets at a couple Wal-Marts near are empty, no rifles. One store says they are cleaning the cabinet. Yeah.... OK, I believe that. The person behind the counter at the other store didn't know. There were people on both sides of me at the counter and on one side the guy says the store had several employees buying ammo before it hit the shelf and some accusation about reselling. The guy on the other side of me says there is also several retirees standing at the counter in the morning waiting for inventory so they can buy all the ammo and it's the same people everyday. I'm just making an observation and repeating what I heard. We're screwing ourselves. Ammo on average is about 50% more than it was 6 months ago. If you go to an online ammo auction be prepared to pay 2 to 2.5 times what it normally costs. I've read stories about people hoarding, 10, 20, 30 thousand rounds locked in a closet. For what???????????

Same talking points for months. Ammo manufacturers are 24/7 around the clock and the shelves are constantly empty. Yeah... that makes sense to me. The firearm cabinets at a couple Wal-Marts near are empty, no rifles. One store says they are cleaning the cabinet. Yeah.... OK, I believe that. The person behind the counter at the other store didn't know. There were people on both sides of me at the counter and on one side the guy says the store had several employees buying ammo before it hit the shelf and some accusation about reselling. The guy on the other side of me says there is also several retirees standing at the counter in the morning waiting for inventory so they can buy all the ammo and it's the same people everyday. I'm just making an observation and repeating what I heard. We're screwing ourselves. Ammo on average is about 50% more than it was 6 months ago. If you go to an online ammo auction be prepared to pay 2 to 2.5 times what it normally costs. I've read stories about people hoarding, 10, 20, 30 thousand rounds locked in a closet. For what???????????

For what?

When the Sheeple wake up...

AND When the Usurper Administration try's to do what most of Europe, the middle east and Asia have already done...

Disarm the law-abiding public to prevent a New Declaration of Independence from the Tyranny of the Usurper Administration Gun Ban Obama & Company...

Link Removed

This ammo shortage is wearing me thin. I am dying to get som .45ACP so i can shoot my SIG more often. I only have 150 rounds left and I am holding on to those in case I ever need them. I went to two different states this weekend (New Hampshire and Maine) and neither have .45ACP. I have been able to find plenty of .223 Ammo in bulk. I have been pretty much shooting just my Mark III just to have fun. I am going to start to shoot trap and pray to god shells will be available.

Walmart stock, gunshop prices dropping - Shortage coming to an END?

Would you believe in my neck of the woods of SC, Walmart has been getting loads of ammo.
In the past 2 weeks I have seen Blazer Brass, CCI, Winchester and Federal. Pistol caliber's seen at the times I was there 22 LR, 9mm, 40 S&W, 44 Rem Mag, and 45 ACP. There are lots of variety of rifle cartridges from the 4 Walmarts in my area - hunting season starts in ~2 months, although is too hot for me.

The better news is that the large local Gun Shop is dropping their prices on ammo. They have been seriously been buying ammo and gouging prices. For example, the 115 gr 9mm Blazer Brass sold at Walmart is $8.97, Gun Shop was $29.99, told it is down to $18.99. Similar drops are happening with Federal and CCI.

I've got a bunch (obviously) but I've pretty much stopped shooting it untl I can replace what I shoot.
I got tired of looking and buying. Everybody else will too. There will be ammo sooner or later. Right now tho, I wouldn't shoot up more than my comfort level.

I've been building a very fun 22 so I buy whatever 22 I can find. I have loads of it and I'm blasting away.
I like to take pictures. Here's a shot of a buddy shooting my 40 taken in high speed.

Link Removed

I was in Wal-Mart last night and they has some 9mm, 40 and .45 but no .380. They also had plenty of guns which they were out of last week. Dick's also had 9mm so maybe the shortage is easing,

I like to take pictures. Here's a shot of a buddy shooting my 40 taken in high speed.

Great pic. :laugh:

Wally World is a dud around here, as well as Dicks and BP. I have found .38/9mm/.357/10mm/.40/.45 on occasion at the local shops. One is rather pricey, the other not as pricey but still higher than usual.

No .380 to speak of, although by some crazy miracle my Dad found some out of state. It was limited (as were the other calibers they had in stock) to (2) boxes per customer.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back