Tight Ammo Supply

brock samson

I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Ammo flying off the shelves the past four months.

I was in Wal-Mart and the lady behind the gun counter said a guy had come in recently and purchased $750 in 9mm ammo. Yikes. Wish I had that kind of green laying around.

Everytime I go to the store for groceries these days, I'm buying at least one box of ammo.

How is the ammo supply for you guys and gals?

Last edited:
scarce or way overpriced! I just ordered a couple more boxes from Cor-Bon Dakota Ammo and as luck would have it, they are both on backorder:mad:

Glockster, love your quote about PC. Awesome!

And your avatar is priceless. He truly is the leader of the Mickey Mouse Club. :sarcastic:

Local Wallyworld had quite a bit of 40 and 380 last night but no 9 or 45. Winchester white box was selling for $29/100 (40 cal). Clerk said they were slowly building their inventory up again.

I ordered some HD rounds online and took 6 of 10 boxes .40 from Wallyworld. They had just rec'd what they had, too. If ya can't beat em, join em I guess.

The 9's come and go at Wallyworld at two NH stores in My area. Box of WWB 100 are $20.97 which has also been rising. Local Gun shops have them in stock too, but not fully stocked. I pick up a box each time I visit Wallyworld. Been wanting to reload my own. I got the equipment but not any material yet OR a book to learn how.

Sambo42XA, Years ago I had an old flathead 45 like your avatar. It was great, ride for an hour, work on it for three. You will enjoy reloading and can get into it for 100-150$. 9mm is easy and inexpensive. Top Brass @1-800-836-4683 has once fired 9mm cases for 69$/5000. Find Top Brass at Scharch Mfg Inc.. You can reload 9's for about 12 cent. I have found it difficult lately to find bulk bullets and cases at many vendors. Top Brass also has 100% processed brass,(cleaned sized) if ya want to go that way. Starline Brass, in Missouri also markets a quality new product. You can download load specs from the powder or bullet manufacture on line.
Mija

Last edited:
I was just in Vegas for a few days and I couldn't find any 9 or .40 anywhere for 2 days. I finally found one store that had some 9's. I bought 1000 rnds of american eagles for $270. 1000 rnds was their limit per customer. I also picked up 1 box each of 9 and .40 cor-bon jhp.

Sambo42XA, Years ago I had an old flathead 45 like your avatar. It was great, ride for an hour, work on it for three. You will enjoy reloading and can get into it for 100-150$. 9mm is easy and inexpensive. Top Brass @1-800-836-4683 has once fired 9mm cases for 69$/5000. Find Top Brass at Scharch Mfg Inc.. You can reload 9's for about 12 cent. I have found it difficult lately to find bulk bullets and cases at many vendors. Top Brass also has 100% processed brass,(cleaned sized) if ya want to go that way. Starline Brass, in Missouri also markets a quality new product. You can download load specs from the powder or bullet manufacture on line.
Mija

I will look into this when I get back from vacation. Leaving tomorrow for FL.
(my uncle has the 1942xa; has not been ridden in years;I've been on him for years to give it to me..man I love that bike!)

scarce or way overpriced! I just ordered a couple more boxes from Cor-Bon Dakota Ammo and as luck would have it, they are both on backorder:mad:
Yeah, That's what the little brother said last night, he was getting us some 9/+P's and 40SW for his Sig... HmMMm

I picked up four boxes of 9mm Blazer 115 gr. FMJ for under $9 per 50 box at Wally two nights ago. Should be good for the range.

Also picked up some .357 Sig for my Glock for about $24 per box of 50. Sig ain't cheap, so I only picked up two boxes. :yu:

I picked up four boxes of 9mm Blazer 115 gr. FMJ for under $9 per 50 box at Wally two nights ago. Should be good for the range.

Also picked up some .357 Sig for my Glock for about $24 per box of 50. Sig ain't cheap, so I only picked up two boxes. :yu:

I feel your pain on the SIG ammo.... try pricing 10mm Auto! Yikes!!! It ranges from $29.95 to $34.95/50rnd. in the retail stores in my area. And that is the practice stuff. No wonder it's unpopular... too bad because it's a really great round. I am definately a candidate for a reload press and am looking into buying the equipment. Forget about buying 10mm at places like Wallyworld.

Mija

I Ordered some rifle brass from Top Brass recently. It hasn't arrived yet, but it's certainly economical. I haven't had a problem finding PP ammo locally. It's not cheap, but I don't shoot much of it. I figure if I find myself using a lot of ammo in self defense, it's because the system has collapsed and anarchy is running rampid in the streets. In that case, I won't be so picky about using manufactured ammo for SD. I trust my ammo as much as any manufactured ammo, but for as little as I actually use, it's not worth the potential liability.

I roll my own practice ammo. I'm doing 9mm for about $.07 per round and 45ACP for about $.14. If you go to a range to shoot and if the range collects brass in buckets ask if you can buy it by the pound. They usually sell if for scrap which is $1.50/pound. 150 45ACP cases equal a pound roughly.

I'm not seeing any 9mm on the Top Brass site, but if they have it for $69/5000, that's a ridiculously good deal. That's just over 1 cent per case.

I feel everyone's pain. I'm almost done paying off my first 1911 from layaway and can't seem to find .45 ammo anywhere! There is one local shop up the street from me that has a couple 50 round boxes of American Eagle FMJ, and I plan to walk in there tomorrow morning first thing and buy every last box. lol

Bought 200 rounds each of 9mm and 45 today, 100 rounds each last Friday. Will be hitting Georgia Arms' booth at the gun show on March 7th

Bought 200 rounds each of 9mm and 45 today, 100 rounds each last Friday. Will be hitting Georgia Arms' booth at the gun show on March 7th
Now that's not nice...:sarcastic: Little brother has a sporting good/marine supply biz and his suppliers are back ordering everything outside of Shotgun shells and 22's. Gander Mountain is taking rain checks...
I think I have 16 rounds for the 44 and a maybe 200 win 115gr target loads for the 9. Does that make me a mall ninja?

OVERPRICED!! And IF you find it at a reasonable price... backorder,backorder, backorder. By the time it gets in... the reasonable price has raised! Thank you Obama!(not!)

Now that's not nice...:sarcastic: Little brother has a sporting good/marine supply biz and his suppliers are back ordering everything outside of Shotgun shells and 22's. Gander Mountain is taking rain checks...
I think I have 16 rounds for the 44 and a maybe 200 win 115gr target loads for the 9. Does that make me a mall ninja?

The gun shop where I work part time is having trouble getting any ammo in. The ammo I purchased since last Friday was all the 9 and .45 that he had, except for some Remington UMC .45

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back