Tight Ammo Supply

Stockpiling

Every time I'm within sniffing distance of my local gun shop, I pick up a box or two of ammo. Yesterday I picked up 80 rds of 7.62 x 39 for my AK-47. Last week, two boxes (200rds) of .45 and 2 boxes of 9mm HP's 50 rds. I buy approx 200 rds a month in various calibers. Ya never know! And yes....the price has gone sky high!

Every Walmart around is out of any kind of handgun ammo. At my local shop I noticed a sign when I was picking up my Beretta on Wednesday that .380 had a 1 box per customer limit. I did pick up about 250 rounds of 9mm and another 50 of .45 at Gander Mtn. last night. The lack of ammo is almost keeping me from going to the range and shooting up what little I have :wacko:

its tight on sc very scarce in columbia sportsman warehouse had no 9's and very little anything else

I was in Reno, NV yesterday and I had a goal of picking up three 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm and three 100 round boxes of WWB .40 S&W along with five 20 round boxes of Hornady TAP 55gr. .223. After visiting Cabela's, Scheel's, Sportsman's Warehouse, The Gun Trader, 3 Wal-Mart's and Frontier Liquor in Fallon, I ended up with the 3 boxes of 9mm, no .40 S&W and one 20 round box of TAP. Also, out of all those stores, only one of the Wal-Mart's had any 550 round bricks of .22lr.

I've decided to just order whatever I need online way in advance. If it takes 2 months to get here, so be it. I'll have ordered more during the wait anyhow.

I went the Walmart in Greer today and they were completely cleaned out. On an off chance I drove to the one in Spartanburg for the 3rd time this week. I get there and they have one box of the 100 round 40S&W. Naturally there is a guy infront of me and he buys it. The counter person then ask what I am looking for and she says she has more in the cabinet and not on view. I asked how many and she said 4. I walked out the door with all 4. It seems there is some supply but as soon as it arrives it is gone. Wish I could start finding 45ACP as I have not found it there in a couple of months now.

I was at basspro in Mesa, AZ last Thursday and got a bunch of ammo. I picked up 2 of the 250 mega packs for .40 and one of the 250 mega packs for my 9mm. they surprisingly had a good amount of ammo on their shelves still left in all calibers. I think the fact that there was a gun show the previous weekend probably explains that. Gun shows are the only reliable place to get ammo and to get it at a good price now a days.

Very hard to find 9mm and .40S&W in Nevada so this weekend I ordered a press and decided to learn to make my own ammo.

new Ohio member

All Wally World's in a 100 mile radius sold out of 90% of their ammo. Bass pro in rossford out of
full cases of 9mm & .40. just selling by the box of 50 or 100. Midway & starline out of most handgun
brass. gettin' spooky

Here in Missouri Wal-Mart is usually out or has very little in .22, 9mm, 40, and 45 I just check when I have the cash and get what I can afford.
I think I should have bought ammo and guns instead of putting the proceeds from the sale of our house in mutual fund. At least I could have enjoyed myself.

was at basspro yesterday to go with a friend, they had a decent selection of 9mm, .40, .45 all in decent stock. basspro seems to be getting a more regular supply of ammo now. if you have one near you its worth checking out.

Reason to Reload

That's why I'm glad my Uncle taught me to reload years ago. Yes everything has went up in price, but it's still cheaper for those that shoot more often than once a week or those that shoot a lot on thier one day off than buying box ammo.

The Wall-Marts in the Springfield, MO area have had some ammo, on and off, for the past couple of months. Some of them almost always have some 9mm or .45ACP and some of them almost never have any when I am there.

Glad that I also reload for .223, 45 ACP and .308. However, in the past two weeks, primers, powders, and projectiles have been very difficult to find. Varget and H335 is not to be found anywhere. Both of these powders are crucial to loading .308's and .223's.

I have thousands of pieces of brass for the above calibers and nothing to stuff them with. :(

I've been searching for .380 practice ammo for over a month with no luck. I've had spotty success finding 9mm and .40. Most places all you can find is .25 auto.

found and bought a couple boxes of .45 at walmart over in the next town.. have not seen .45 there in quite a while.. so I had to buy whatever they had left of it.

In San Antonio, TX Bass Pro Shops cannot keep any 9 or .40 on the shelf. They are out of stock practically the day they set it out. The WMs are the same way. You need to go to the store the same day they stock or you will never see anything on the shelves!:angry:

I really am surprised, as I have not had any issue finding ammo in Central VA. The range has been out of Gold Dot .40, but they are overpriced, anyway.

walmart had over 2000 rds of 9mm today a couple of 40s,and the bricks of 22s were gone where they had a bunch last week,cases of 12 ga there over loaded with it and its cheap.

I just picked up 500 rounds of 40 at my wal-mart, they've been hit or miss but I caught it right after they got a shipment in. They didn't have much of anything else. I also picked up a 50 box of JHP 135grain .40SW from doubletap, love'em.

I keep all my ammo in a cardboard box and out of curiosity I weighed it. 70 pounds of 9 mil ,22, 40, 45 ,44 mag and 7.62 nagant. I just bought a ruger sp101 357 today. .... gonna need a bigger box.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back