Tight Ammo Supply

Very short supply on .380, 9mm, .40., and .45 at Walmarts here in Vegas. Nomama might not have to worry about banning guns!

Now that's not nice...:sarcastic: Little brother has a sporting good/marine supply biz and his suppliers are back ordering everything outside of Shotgun shells and 22's. Gander Mountain is taking rain checks...
I think I have 16 rounds for the 44 and a maybe 200 win 115gr target loads for the 9. Does that make me a mall ninja?

The "mall ninja" types are the ones who act as if they know what they're doing, have a bunch of gear that they don't know how to use, and end getting into trouble instead of getting others out of it. Being prepared with your ammo is far from "mall ninja" behavior. Unless you're gonna tell us how it is "in combat", but you've never been in combat. :haha:

gf

everytime I go to wally world I check on their ammo. a couple weeks ago they did not even have any .22 remington in the bulk packs. since then I have found some. also have been buying whatever they have left of .40, .45, and I think I am almost set with enough 9mm. of course that "almost" never really goes away... just been buying less 9mm than the others. also been buying .30-06 because the prices just keep going up!

Y'all need to start reloading. There is no supply shortage of bullets and powder. I loaded 500 rounds of 45ACP last night for about $15/100 and picked up another 300 or so cases at the range yesterday.

Stopped by a local Walmart today for the first time in months. Checked the ammo supply and found the counter almost empty. Spotted a couple of boxes of WWB .40, 0 9mm, a bunch of .22 LR and bridshot shotgun shells. Ouch. Wonder if it's like that across the area. The Bass Pro had a good supply, but they are more expensive that WM.

Called 2 Walmarts, 1 Farm and Fleet and the local Cabellas and can't find any .45 acp!!! It runs $55 for 150 rnds. of FMJ 230gr. at the range. Those all went down the pipe last night. Am thinking of re-loading.

just got back from shooting and checked on the supply at wal mart again. they had a few boxes of 9mm, .40, but they were out of .45 still. they had a ton of .22 this time. I ended up getting some 9mm and some .30-06.

Wallace World wasn't kind to me today. They were completely tapped on 9mm. The sales clerk said a guy came in last night and bought most of the ammo. The same dude came back this morning and purchased the remaining boxes. Hoard much? :nhl_checking:

They had plenty of 22LR and shotgun shells. They also had a few boxes of .40 and .45.

Wallace World wasn't kind to me today. They were completely tapped on 9mm. The sales clerk said a guy came in last night and bought most of the ammo. The same dude came back this morning and purchased the remaining boxes. Hoard much? :nhl_checking:

They had plenty of 22LR and shotgun shells. They also had a few boxes of .40 and .45.

For all we know, the guy could have been an NRA instructor or volunteer coordinating some type of shooting function where they needed a lot of ammo. I'd check around at other stores in the area.

The current scarcity of ammo is a good reason why we should own multiple firearms in varoius calibers, and become proficient at shooting our different firearms. By familiarizing ourselves with many different guns, we'll increase our chances of finding the ammo we need once our stockpiles have been exhausted.

gf

Ammo isn't the only thing in short supply. Reloading equipment is as well. Many dies and presses are back ordered 45 days or more at MidwayUSA.

Shortage of everything. Went and bought 200rnds. 50 in 223, 50 in 45fmj, 50 in 40fmj and 50 gold sabre in 40. Went to Bass Pro and two other gun shops. All out of most everything. Luckly I found the gold Sabres at my local shop and bought the last 2 boxes. Went to Dicks Sports and bought the last of the rest. All they had was Remington. All in all I spent $120.00 for the 200rnds. Im with the rest of you. I'm just going to buy 50 rounds once a month, and replace what I use.

Rising prices are all but guaranteed. People see the writing on the wall and are loading up, big time. One guy at the local Wally World buys up ALL they have in stock each time he goes in. My sense is the really smart guys are buying up primers, bulk lead and alloy, pots, bullet molds and powder, and saving up all the cases they can find. I will not have to microstamp my firearm, it is called a SERIAL number. Looks like the Gubmint is going to make criminals out of law abiding people when they fire a non-microstamped bullet, or even a lead one if things continue on the same path. Of course, their solution will be to just disarm everyone, except for the criminals. Then you will not need any bullets, cases, ...:no:

hi im new here, could you give me some reason why every one is stocking up,because of price increases,afraid the new pres will restrick selling ammo,the new codeing there trying to push threw,what your view of it,

ALL of the ABOVE

hi im new here, could you give me some reason why every one is stocking up,because of price increases,afraid the new pres will restrick selling ammo,the new codeing there trying to push threw,what your view of it,

Ammo is flying off the shelves because alot of Americans (even some of the cool-aid drinkers) are realizing that IF/WHEN a ban comes down it will be on them when they can't protect themselves, their homes, loved ones etc.

These are probably the three most prominent reasons...

I just picked up the last 5 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm at my local Wally World, $20/box still. Also picked up 2 of the remaining 4 boxes of .22 Remington gold dots. The case did look a little light for other calibers also.

didnt see any real shortage here but picked up 500rds of wwb 9mm pretty cheap at wally world ,they had plenty left might get some more later just in case befor they tax it it to death like everything else here.

I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Ammo flying off the shelves the past four months.

I was in Wal-Mart and the lady behind the gun counter said a guy had come in recently and purchased $750 in 9mm ammo. Yikes. Wish I had that kind of green laying around.

Everytime I go to the store for groceries these days, I'm buying at least one box of ammo.

How is the ammo supply for you guys and gals?

Wanted to get another 500 rds of 7.62x39 125 gr Silver Bear ammo from Ammunition to Go. Their web site didn't have any as far as I could tell. :cray: Guess I'll have to go elsewhere....sigh...

MNSteve

Last edited:
.380 auto, 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 auto are getting hard to find here in central Kansas. I stocked up before the big crunch so I'm okay for now. I also purchased 100 B-27 targets at bulk price.

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back