Tight Ammo Supply

Found 100-round boxes of Winchester 9mm range ammo and BB 9mm at my local WM Sunday. Awesomeness.:biggrin:

My wife recently fired 500+ rounds of Blazer through her FNP-9 with no FTF or FTE issues.

I've had NO luck at Walmart. It always seems that I arrive 30 minutes after someone purchased everything they have in stock. I either order it online or pick it up at the local pawn shop.

I buy ammo at our local and area gun/sporting goods stores. The ONLY thing I buy at Wally World (on a very rare occasion) is sliced cheddar cheese and in an emergency a printer cartridge (while my online order is coming).

Anyhoo...a few weeks ago my wife bought some .410 shells for her Taurus Judge at WW (we had a little discussion about this...lol). Shells were too long. When I was in the vicinity of a WW I took the wrong box of shells back to exchange or get a refund. "YOU WANT A REFUND?? WE DON ACCEPT RETURNS ON AMMO!" Doesn't surprise me a bit. When I got back home, I traded the wrong box from WW for a correct box at our local gun shop...no problem...

While at WW, I did swing by the gun department...about only thing on shelves were some rifle ammo and a few 12 ga shotgun shells. This was one of their "SuperStores".

Moral to this story: "Buy Local at your Friendly Gun Store" At least they will treat you right!

I buy ammo at our local and area gun/sporting goods stores. The ONLY thing I buy at Wally World (on a very rare occasion) is sliced cheddar cheese and in an emergency a printer cartridge (while my online order is coming).

Anyhoo...a few weeks ago my wife bought some .410 shells for her Taurus Judge at WW (we had a little discussion about this...lol). Shells were too long. When I was in the vicinity of a WW I took the wrong box of shells back to exchange or get a refund. "YOU WANT A REFUND?? WE DON ACCEPT RETURNS ON AMMO!" Doesn't surprise me a bit. When I got back home, I traded the wrong box from WW for a correct box at our local gun shop...no problem...

While at WW, I did swing by the gun department...about only thing on shelves were some rifle ammo and a few 12 ga shotgun shells. This was one of their "SuperStores".

Moral to this story: "Buy Local at your Friendly Gun Store" At least they will treat you right!

While its nice that your local gun shop accommodated you; but thanks to the Brady Bunch and the BATFE, it is against Federal law to exchange/return ammo...

WalMart CNY

my local WalMart has received 2 separate shipments in the past 3 weeks, but has a 6 box per customer per day limit. It took several trips over several days after each new shipment, but I was able to stock up with another 1400 rounds of 9mm, a combination of BB (now Federal Champion) and WWB.

I was in the WalMart in Gettysburg, PA today. There was a sign stating that there was a 6 box per day limit per person on ammunition sales. This sounds like it became standard WalMart policy.

I don't know if this is any indication that the ammo supply is loosening up any, but I was able to get 4 boxes of Prvi Partizan .380 FMJ from Midway USA at less than $16.00/box last Monday. I currently have the order in hand so it wasn't a listing error. In my experience, none of the on- line suppliers have had any .380 for almost 6 months.
Portend of better days ahead...???

There is some ammo up and online ar15-kits.com we have this batch coming in, and another on the way. Some of it is reloaded, a bunch new. All factory, made in the U.S.A. brass case, federal primers, speer projectiles, and Reliant powder.

I went to Walmart tonight and they had 45 Blazer, 357, 38, 44 mag and 25 auto. That's the most they have had in months.

I don't know if this is any indication that the ammo supply is loosening up any, but I was able to get 4 boxes of Prvi Partizan .380 FMJ from Midway USA at less than $16.00/box last Monday. I currently have the order in hand so it wasn't a listing error. In my experience, none of the on- line suppliers have had any .380 for almost 6 months.
Portend of better days ahead...???

Start at the beginning of this very thread and you will see that indeed several have had it on and off from the start. Cabelas has Buffalo Bore 380 on now and has for 2 weeks. I got my Hordanday CD and all my Golden Sabre from them of Bass Pro sense February.

I bought 6 boxes of 40 caliber Blazer Brass at Wal-Mart in Henderson (Las Vegas) today. I need to stop buying 40 caliber now. I have enough to get me thru to old age.
It's .22 caliber CCI Velicitors I'm hunting for now.

No luck at my nearest Walfart today. They had BB .40SW, but no 9 or 45.

I have, however, seen 9mm and .45 range ammo at my favorite local gun shop for the first time in many months.

I can understand the "heavy demand" drying up & increasing the price of ammo, but who in the world has bought up all of the S&W .32 ammo? I don't think anyone in the county uses this ammo except me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back