Tight Ammo Supply

I was in Wal-Mart last night and they has some 9mm, 40 and .45 but no .380. They also had plenty of guns which they were out of last week. Dick's also had 9mm so maybe the shortage is easing,

You're lucky in SC. I moved to AZ from Charlotte. I was at a third Wally World today and again NO firearms or any ammo in stock. The person at this store said WM is phasing out the sale of rifles and wasn't sure about ammo. It may be state specific but I'm in RED state with a bunch of right wing extremist rednecks. If it's happening here I can guarantee it's happening in every blue state or will be. There is something going on that isn't hittin the news. I report, you decide........

still have to get very lucky to find pretty much any pistol caliber here at wally world.. I did find some .45 last week at dick's for about 4 dollars per box more than wal mart. I found some .22 at dick's as well which I have not seen at walmart for the past 2 or 3 months. so at least in this part of the country we're still not seeing much improvement on the ammo situation.

Walmart cutting Gun Sales

You're lucky in SC. I moved to AZ from Charlotte. I was at a third Wally World today and again NO firearms or any ammo in stock. The person at this store said WM is phasing out the sale of rifles and wasn't sure about ammo. It may be state specific but I'm in RED state with a bunch of right wing extremist rednecks. If it's happening here I can guarantee it's happening in every blue state or will be. There is something going on that isn't hittin the news. I report, you decide........

There are several Walmarts in my area that don't sell rifles. Luckily mine in Goose Creek does. They all sell ammo. Starting to remind me of what happened with Kmart.

Every time I hve looked in the last year or so at Kmart here they only have BB guns and some rifle ammo. I think they had some 30-30 and 30-06 and a few other calibers but no handgun stuff. I don't think they are carrying rifles or shotguns any more. In fact the Kmart here doesn't seem to carry a lot of anything. :fie:

And the beat goes on, I was down at the local BassPro Toy Store and the same ol' neverending story, no .380's, 44's, 9mm's, .357's, or .45's. Some .50's and lots of .22lr or shotgun. :no:

No joy today. Went to 3 Wally Worlds in the area. Only .22 and shotgun.

Missed boxes of 9mm at the last Wally by 15 minutes.

Oh, well...:cray:

got lucky the other day. went to wally world and there was no ammo on the shelves. the worker in that department knows me well by now. he said if I can come back at 7 am the next morning they will have some .40. I said I was unable to come at that time... then he told me, "well, we actually have some right now". he then said that the department manager likes to keep the ammo for the mornings (which is when the manager works) to keep his morning customers happy. I then asked what about the evening customers? I mean the ammo is gone very soon after it hits the shelf! the worker agreed with me and said he didn't like his manager's policy with this. he then opened up the new shipment of ammo and pulled out a 100 round box of .40 WWB and said here you go.. ask me how it went with the manager next time you come in... of course I told him that I did not want to get him into any trouble... he told me not to worry about it because everyone "should" have an equal chance to buy what they want, not only the manager's customers in the morning... so I had to share.

I scored 6 boxes of .40SW BlazerBrass at WM for $12.47/box.

Went to another WM on the way to church and found 2 more boxes. I wouldn't say the supply is opening up, rather, I hit it at the right time.

50 round and all bulk packagings of PMC 40 range ammo in stock at Cabelas. Just came up this morning.

I was in a Cabellas yesterday and they had some 9 and 45. I was surprised. They didn't have everything but what they did have was expensive. 50 box of 45 Winchester (it was a premium round or hollow point) was $30. I picked up some 45 Magtech for $24 a box, wtf. A year ago that box would have cost 13 or $14 bucks. I should be in the ammo business. If you can get it at Wal-Mart a 100 box of 45 is $30. Ammo shortage may be slightly easing but we're going to be paying more, a lot more. It's a matter of time before WM raises its prices.

Man I would not give BB to my worst enemy! I have tried 100 rounds and have a bunch of FTF's and Failure to eject. The worst junk IVe ever shot

I agree with you there. My wife was trying some in her new Rock Island to see if it would eat them. They would not eject and the extractor was tearing the backs out of them. It loved everything else. I think I would give it to my enemies though, They'd be spending all their time trying to whack the casings out instead of shootin!!:yu:

I agree with you there. My wife was trying some in her new Rock Island to see if it would eat them. They would not eject and the extractor was tearing the backs out of them. It loved everything else. I think I would give it to my enemies though, They'd be spending all their time trying to whack the casings out instead of shootin!!:yu:
Have you had the same experience with BB in 9mm? My dad and I put a 50 box through his S&W 539, without issue.

BB works just fine for me. I use it in my .40 baby eagle, my .45 EAA witness and my 9mm TZ-75. works just fine in all of them. no problems with feeding or extracting.

Man I would not give BB to my worst enemy! I have tried 100 rounds and have a bunch of FTF's and Failure to eject. The worst junk IVe ever shot

2000 rounds later I've nevr had a problem. Never. But I've NEVER had a problem with ANY ammo i've run thru my 40. Not once.

Have you had the same experience with BB in 9mm? My dad and I put a 50 box through his S&W 539, without issue.

I've gone through 200 rounds of 9mm and over 400 rounds of 40.
No problems feeding or ejecting on either my RIA MAPP 9mm, S&W 40VE or Beretta 96D.

Although my friend did have a dud on his 9mm XDM.
Didn't have my RIA on me at the time but the primer was indented.
I have no clue how many 9mm he went through but I think over 1000.
He had to stop fully loading 19 rounds in his mag, too quick and easy shooting up a full mag.
He only loads 5 rounds at a time at the range now one at a time.

I have run thousands of rounds of .45 acp and 9mm blazer brass, in multiple pistols (all semi-autos) and only had a few fail to feeds in a new 1911 before it was broke in...
a little rouge on the ramp and it never happened again...

This is a common problem with semi-autos that have had less then 400 rounds run through them...

or production variances on feed ramps, sharp edges etc...

in my opinion, its good cheap target, plinking ammo...

BEST OF ALL ITS MADE IN THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA WITH 100% AMERICAN COMPONENTS, BY LAW ABIDING U.S. CITIZENS...

BB 40 is all I use for range ammo. I think it's cleaner than WWB ammo. I probably have 1000 rds through my 1 yr old XD and I would say 85% of it has been BB with zero FTF or FTE. It's not clean, but it's cheaper and cleaner than WWB. It's not my carry ammo, by any means, but it would probably work.

I have 400 rds of BB40 on hand. Should last me a couple months.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back