Three favorite 45 pistols

1. taurus 1911
2. EAA Witness .45 Stainless
3. EAA witness .45 Black

One i'd give away if someone wanted it. Hipoint .45

1911, 1911, 1911.

An XD .45 ACP compact that get's 865fps ? No way. I'll chrono that 3 inch and show anybody that cares to know that your only getting maybe 650-700fps.

Just because the box say's it does not mean your getting it. It's alway's out of a 5" barrel that those velocities are chrono'd
and single action army peacemaker!:pleasantry:

Make mine a HK USP 45

HK USP 45 full size
1911 full size

HK MK23 crew served hand gun

I've only owned two .45's. The first, a Glock 36, I did not care for at all. Not a bad gun, but I just didn't like the way it shot for me. The second, an XD45 Tactical, I love. Never a problem (for the guy who watched someone with an XD40 have several problems) and nicely balanced with the 13 round magazine.

I definitely wouldn't mind owning a Sig 220 Combat and an XDm 45.

I love my Charles Daly 1911 full-size and ParaOrd Warthawg. For a third .45, I'd have to give the nod to Para's Hi-Cap Limited .45. Their Light Double Action trigger is SMOOOTH.

Kimber Ultra CDP II, Taurus PT 1911, Colt 70 series combat commander. But the new Remington R1 looks good and I'll have to buy one of those soon.

1. SAA 45 Long Colt
2. HK MK. 23
3. Colt 1911

Strange you mentioned the SAA in .45 Colt. I've got a Uberti clone that's a .45 Colt/.45ACP convertible.:biggrin: I'd forgotten all about it having a .45ACP cylinder until I saw your post.

Now I gotta clean out the safe until I find that cylinder.:fie:

Love my Colt Stainless 1911 Gold Cup National Match ! Fits my hand, Shoots a tight group, and with common sense maintenance NO problems...Colts need to be clean and quality mags used.

Sorry guys/gals but all this talk about 1911A1's get me all excited inside. Pardon me while I catch my breath:laugh:

My M&P45 is a smooth shooter and makes tight groups. I can carry it in the SuperTuck...

I like my Stainless Colt Officer's ACP for carry. With a 3.5" barrel it still groups good at 50ft...

Peace...

1911 Gvt. built by Kings Gun Works. RIP
Pre 80 Commander built by Daves Metal Works.
Smith and Wesson 5" 625

I carry daily a XD45 acp compact - I also carry two spare mags - with extensions 16rd each (Hollow points).
I used to work on the 1911 Colts in the military and most were junk -- Wore out from use -- had to rebuild from scratch 61 of them. I tried Glock and Kimber but love the Springfield - installed a trigger kit and a weaver mounted Laser - Have shot over
2000 rounds with out a hitch. Only other that I would consider carrying is the new XDm 40 -- Shot my best friends the other
day at the range - Very smooth and accurate. I did not think I would like it, but now a convert, plus the fact that the ammo is
cheaper.

My initial post is no longer accurate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things have changed since I started this thread

I sold the Kahr PM45 and the XD45. I still have the Glock 38, but don't carry it.

Update

My favorite 45 pistols are (all obtained since this thread started):
-Kimber Ultra Carry II stainless TLE, most concealable of the 3, used in Smartcarry or IWB "appendix carry"
-Kimber CDP Compact, 3:00 strong side IWB
-Colt XSE Lightweight Commander with XS Big Dot night sights, 3:00 strong side IWB and for HD.

As you can see, various sizes of 1911 models have taken over.

My Favorite 3

Colt Gold Cup National Match Tweeked to the max Race Gun
Springfield 1911A1. Some Tweeking
Glock 36 some Tweeking
Carry all 3. 1911s mainly in Winter very short here in SE Florida
Other 11 months Glock 36 or Snubby about 10 percent of the time

1- Taurus Judge
2- Bond Arms Derringer
3- L.A.R. Grizzley
4- "No More Tears" single by Ozzy Osborne

Number 4 on a 45 ?..................................That damn thing must be old !!! :biggrin:

Glock 21sf

SA MC Operator

Wilson Combat X-Tac 1911 .45 ACP

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back