Thought I would share.

abock33

email my father sent me.

For all Who Work With Rude Customers, shame WE can't actually do this !

An award should go to the Virgin Airlines desk attendant in Sydney some
months ago for being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted
with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

A crowded Virgin flight was canceled after Virgin's 767s had been withdrawn
from service. A single attendant was re booking a long line of inconvenienced
travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He
slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, 'I HAVE to be on this flight
and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS'.

The attendant replied, 'I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you,
but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work
something out.'

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers
behind him could hear, 'DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?'

Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address
microphone: 'May I have your attention please, may I have your attention
please,' she began - her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

'We have a passenger here at Desk 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Desk 14.'

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at
the Virgin attendant, gritted his teeth and said, 'F... You!'

Without flinching, she smiled and said, (I love this bit)

'I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too.
:y:

I wonder who the person was???? Would be very interesting to find out. I'm guessing that the person wasn't too "important" as we didn't see any news stories about "Mr.???" having an experience at the Virgin Airlines counter.

gf

Actually, that story has been going around amongst airline employees for many years. We have all enjoyed it immensely, and I have no doubt that it, or something very close actually happened at one time.

yeah..that really sucked..I just went to the back of the line and I missed my connecting flight! Next time I will just keep my mouth shut!

If this is true, I hope the attendant didn't get into trouble. Corporations seem to think the customer is ALWAYS right. This is simply not true. There is a limit to the way any employee should be treated. It would be nice to work for a company that realized this and would provide some support for their employees.

My daughte deals with customers complaints ever day, I only hope she comes up with a line like that lol............She had one customer sue,, becaus the condo he rented, was 104 feet from the beach, insted of 100 like they addvertised, he went bough a tape, and measured it lol........... oh the tide was out, if it was
in it would of been closer.................

My daughte deals with customers complaints ever day, I only hope she comes up with a line like that lol............She had one customer sue,, becaus the condo he rented, was 104 feet from the beach, insted of 100 like they addvertised, he went bough a tape, and measured it lol........... oh the tide was out, if it was
in it would of been closer.................

I can understand "100 feet from the water" being an issue with the outgoing tide, but isn't hte beach stationary? As far as I know, here in Hawaii when places advertise "100 feet from the beach" it's from where the sand is. Many houses on the waterfront have a yard with grass. Where the grass ends and the sand begins is often considered "the beach".

gf

yeah..that really sucked..I just went to the back of the line and I missed my connecting flight! Next time I will just keep my mouth shut!

At least you got to do the "f**k you" portion when you got to the front of the line. :wink:
Is that the real reason you missed your connecting flight? :icon_cheesygrin:

gf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back