Those wacky atheists are at it again

I have a very hard time understanding how anyone can really believe in the god/ jesus nonsense and not see it for the mythology that it is. I guess that some people never shake off the brainwashing that starts from childhood.. Even as a little kid I knew that it was just stories. Maybe one day humanity will move past the need to be superstitious, unfortunately, I doubt that it will ever happen . Maybe if it was taught it school that it's all B.S. it would help. People having "immortal souls", what a laugh. A lot of people still don't know or realize that Ethics and Morality were around way before the Ten Commandments. A lot of them will tell you that morality comes from god, purely ignorant of human history. Education is the best defense against superstition/religion.

I insist that everywhere the 10 Commandments are held up as a foundational code of laws for the American Republic, that the foundation of all written codes of law be included as well.

And the other 277 laws of the Code of Hamurabi.

ROFL.

Thanks, that was hilarious !

I have a very hard time understanding how anyone can really believe in the god/ jesus nonsense and not see it for the mythology that it is. I guess that some people never shake off the brainwashing that starts from childhood.. Even as a little kid I knew that it was just stories. Maybe one day humanity will move past the need to be superstitious, unfortunately, I doubt that it will ever happen . Maybe if it was taught it school that it's all B.S. it would help. People having "immortal souls", what a laugh. A lot of people still don't know or realize that Ethics and Morality were around way before the Ten Commandments. A lot of them will tell you that morality comes from god, purely ignorant of human history. Education is the best defense against superstition/religion.

If you had said that you did not understand it, and left it at that, you'd be okay. However, like all atheists, you consider yourself to be more intelligent than most of the people on this planet. And I beg to say that there are people out there that would make your intellignece look like so much slush who believe in a higher power. But atheists never say "I cannot understand, but if that is what you believe, it's okay with me." They MUST throw in mythology, brainwashing, superstition, and making it all out to be a joke.

There are many former atheists who have become Christians, and one of the more famous ones is C.S. Lewis. But from your post, we know that he is simply an idiot who has been brainwashed. But he was an atheist first. I could name at least 10 others, intellectuals all, who "converted" from atheism to Christianity. I wonder what it was that convinced them to change their minds. Hmmmmm...

But you guys are working very hard to do the brainwashing that you accuse us of, by turning our schools into indoctrination centers, where not only is God denied, but perversion and amoral behavior are taught and encouraged. The latest is the "safe schools" czar (what a joke!) Kevin Jennings, who praises NAMBLA and thinks it's okay for men to have sex with children, especially little boys. But then again, you'd call that "morality," wouldn't you? Is that really ethics and morality? In my book, it's perversion, pure and simple.

If you had said that you did not understand it, and left it at that, you'd be okay. However, like all atheists, you consider yourself to be more intelligent than most of the people on this planet. And I beg to say that there are people out there that would make your intellignece look like so much slush who believe in a higher power. But atheists never say "I cannot understand, but if that is what you believe, it's okay with me." They MUST throw in mythology, brainwashing, superstition, and making it all out to be a joke.

There are many former atheists who have become Christians, and one of the more famous ones is C.S. Lewis. But from your post, we know that he is simply an idiot who has been brainwashed. But he was an atheist first. I could name at least 10 others, intellectuals all, who "converted" from atheism to Christianity. I wonder what it was that convinced them to change their minds. Hmmmmm...

But you guys are working very hard to do the brainwashing that you accuse us of, by turning our schools into indoctrination centers, where not only is God is denied, but perversion and amoral behavior are taught and encouraged. The latest is the "safe schools" czar (what a joke!) Kevin Jennings, who praises NAMBLA and thinks it's okay for men to have sex with children, especially little boys. But then again, you'd call that "morality," wouldn't you? Is that really ethics and morality? In my book, it's perversion, pure and simple.

+1. Piece corps. They are all dressed up and no place to go.

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Matthew 24:27

Guess we'll ALL know then wont we.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible."

For the record, Marxist atheist Peter Singer, a professor of ethics at Princeton University, boasts that he can concoct a superior moral code without God. He also thinks that people should have sex with animals. He suggests chickens, claiming that both humans and chickens would benefit (somehow).

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation is possible."

For the record, Marxist atheist Peter Singer, a professor of ethics at Princeton University, boasts that he can concoct a superior moral code without God. He also thinks that people should have sex with animals. He suggests chickens, claiming that both humans and chickens would benefit (somehow).

On the first point: Excellent catch-phrase!

On the second point: And there you have it!!:to_pick_ones_nose:

But you guys are working very hard to do the brainwashing that you accuse us of, by turning our schools into indoctrination centers, where not only is God denied, but perversion and amoral behavior are taught and encouraged. The latest is the "safe schools" czar (what a joke!) Kevin Jennings, who praises NAMBLA and thinks it's okay for men to have sex with children, especially little boys. But then again, you'd call that "morality," wouldn't you? Is that really ethics and morality? In my book, it's perversion, pure and simple.

Good post, Piece Corps...

Morality does not necessarily come from religion. Some people who claim to be religious are evil, while some decent, law abiding and moral people are not religious.

I do not consider myself to be an atheist, but I do not personally believe in any religion. Nearly all of my family and friends are devout Christians. I love and respect them, as they love and respect me, in spite of our differences. We do not try to change one another's beliefs. I will fiercely defend their right to practice their religion, and they know it.

Our Founding Fathers were mostly Christians. References to God can be found in most of their documents.

I do not believe that 'freedom of religion' means freedom from exposure to religion. I believe religious and non-religious messages should be allowed in public, in moderation. By the way, the message displayed on that bus was true. You do not have to be religious to be a good person.:pleasantry:

Morality does not necessarily come from religion. Some people who claim to be religious are evil, while some decent, law abiding and moral people are not religious.

I do not consider myself to be an atheist, but I do not personally believe in any religion. Nearly all of my family and friends are devout Christians. I love and respect them, as they love and respect me, in spite of our differences. We do not try to change one another's beliefs. I will fiercely defend their right to practice their religion, and they know it.

Our Founding Fathers were mostly Christians. References to God can be found in most of their documents.

I do not believe that 'freedom of religion' means freedom from exposure to religion. I believe religious and non-religious messages should be allowed in public, in moderation. By the way, the message displayed on that bus was true. You do not have to be religious to be a good person.:pleasantry:

Good post as well, defender829.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back