Those Damn Democrats

Erik Ose: McCain Campaign Tried Using Assault Hoax to Slime Obama

The day after her story of a politically-motivated assault made headlines around the nation, coverage pushed relentlessly by McCain-Palin campaign officials, a McCain campaign worker admitted she made it all up. Ashley Todd, 20, told Pittsburgh police on Wednesday night that she had been held up at an ATM, and the mugger, a 6' 4" black male, had become enraged once he saw a McCain bumper sticker on her car. Todd claimed her assailant had then pinned her to the ground and used a dull knife blade to carve a "B" into her cheek, after telling her, "you are going to be a Barack supporter."

2970298138_a239c5abe2_o.jpg

The most appalling part of this episode was the McCain team's reaction. Desperate for a turn of events that would paint their opponents in a negative light, they rushed to disseminate the story to media outlets before all the facts were known. McCain's Pennsylvania communications director Peter Feldman actually peddled a version to reporters that was far more incendiary than details confirmed by police at the time. Feldman claimed the attacker told Todd, "You're with the McCain campaign? I'm going to teach you a lesson," and that the carved "B" definitely stood for "Barack."

But it was all a hoax. Friday morning, police stated that "we have learned that the victim's statement has a few inconsistencies in it and her statement has changed." A few hours later, police said Todd had confessed that there was no robbery or attacker, and would be charged with filing a false police report. She also told police she had prior mental health problems

2971814736_5b8f7d9120.jpg

According to one of the actual police reports documenting the charade's unraveling, Todd says she can't remember whether she mutilated her own face, or had someone else do it. And Todd now claims she can't explain why she invented the story, but her motivation behind staging the incident seems clear from details in the police report - to smear Obama supporters.

Todd said she was driving around in her car, looked in her rear-view mirror, saw a "B," and the first thing she thought of was Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama, according to a police report obtained by WTAE Channel 4 Action News.
Todd, from College Station, Texas, had been campaigning in Pennsylvania for the past few weeks. She was volunteering through the College Republican National Committee to recruit other college students to volunteer for McCain-Palin. CRNC executive director Ethan Eilon told FOX News that Todd had taken a year off from Blinn College in Texas to work on the campaign. She is also apparently a former Ron Paul volunteer.

continued here

She accused a Black man of doing this to her

surprised she didn't say it was Obama

[sarcasm]
what a "Class act" you outstanding Republicans [/sarcasm]

In other news, Sarah Palin supports amnesty for illegal aliens

Link Removed
We secure our borders first. But then with a comprehensive approach we must deal humanely with those who are here, and we must allow the steps to be taken to protect the families of those who are here, maybe as illegal immigrants today, she said.

Erik Ose: McCain Campaign Tried Using Assault Hoax to Slime Obama

She accused a Black man of doing this to her

surprised she didn't say it was Obama

[sarcasm]
what a "Class act" you outstanding Republicans [/sarcasm]

anyone using this type of tactic IMO should be jailed.......and I dont think McCain was using this to support his campaign, thats you and your liberal logic again.
but to make sure we are being fair.......
Link Removed
there ya go.....those damn democrats Sharpton et al........I dont think he EVER apologized for what he did, and after all he is a liberal, so he represents all of you...using liberal logic.

In other news, Sarah Palin supports amnesty for illegal aliens

Link Removed

First off......no where in the article does she say give amnesty to the illegals........those are your words Mass and "there ya go again Joe" making stuff up.
secondly...shes for securing our borders, one of the responsibilities of the Federal Gov....are you saying you dont want our borders secure? :sad:
dealing humanely with those alreday here...........and you have a problem with that too?....what do you want to deal in-humanely with them????
geeeesh........:help:

I'm a die-hard McCain supporter (as I imagine most of you are) and I think I can speak for us all by saying her actions were reprehensible. I guess that's what happens when you adopt the other side's tactics.

Unfortunately, there are going to be people who eat this stuff up. Even more unfortunate is that she may have falsely influenced some people not to vote for Obama. Not saying that voting against Obama is a bad thing, but I'd rather them have correct information when making their decision, not information from nutcases like her.

She may have made it up. Or she may have been threaten with her life if she didn't drop the charge?

anyone using this type of tactic IMO should be jailed.......and I dont think McCain was using this to support his campaign, thats you and your liberal logic again.
but to make sure we are being fair.......
Link Removed
there ya go.....those damn democrats Sharpton et al........I dont think he EVER apologized for what he did, and after all he is a liberal, so he represents all of you...using liberal logic.

as usual, your argument is weak

troll

Those Acorns, I mean Demoncrats.

No wonder Obamanation is ahead.

Link Removed

Voter rolls stuffed with dead and absent registrants

While both parties have their share of kooks and crackpots, let's not change the subject of this thread, which is about a REPUBLICAN woman who tried to make Barack Obama supporters look like a bunch of criminals. All she succeeded in doing, however, was making herself look like an idiot.

The Mccain campaign has looked desperate in my opinion. All they want to do is throw out these harsh personal attacks and none are working. Palin is the worst for it. That woman should shut her mouth.

The Mccain campaign has looked desperate in my opinion. All they want to do is throw out these harsh personal attacks and none are working. Palin is the worst for it. That woman should shut her mouth.
Democrats are guilty. Earlier, I suggested changing the name of this thread to those damn Republicans. Maybe instead, it should be "Those Damn Politicians."

exactly,

DESPERATE is truly what I'm seeing from republicans

no real argument about mccain or Obama ability or meaningful facts.

Actually there have been some good posts with the actual positions of Obama that are simply being ignored. I don't like McCain. But Obama is a danger to gun rights and to the country.

The fact is Obama has said he wants to end the Bush tax cuts. That is a tax increase on everyone who pays taxes and on some who don't. Obama has said he wants to increase Capital Gains taxes. That will destroy the stock market. Obama has said he wants to increase Corporate taxes. That will do nothing but raise prices on everything for everybody. Corporate taxes are nothing more than disguised taxes on everyone.

Obama is seen as weak on foreign policy. Obama has a record of acting (and talking) against the Second Amendment. Obama chose Joe Biden (who earlier said Obama was too inexperienced to be President) and Joe Biden brags about being the author of the "assault weapons" ban.

Obama wanted to cut and run from Iraq when that would have been seen as a surrender and a defeat by the world. Obama opposed the surge even after it was successful in reducing violence and murders.

Obama wants to "spread the wealth" but not by making it easier for more people to become wealthy but rather by taking from the successful and giving their money to the unsuccessful.

If you are interested in meaningful discussions, than let's look at the meaningful facts.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back