This is a "loaded question"

hogwylde

This is not an IWB vs OWB argument as my question refers to BOTH in the state of Massachusetts.

In Massachusetts, it is legal to carry OWB although it is "frowned upon" and suggested that you don't as you may scare somebody if you are printing or the butt is revealed while "menacingly reaching for a gallon of milk" and risk losing your LTC. (Chief's discretion)

How is that remotely possible or legal?

I equate that to a Grandma afraid of going over 50MPH and I pass her at 65MPH. She gets startled and calls 911 so I can lose my license?

This is not an IWB vs OWB argument as my question refers to BOTH in the state of Massachusetts.

In Massachusetts, it is legal to carry OWB although it is "frowned upon" and suggested that you don't as you may scare somebody if you are printing or the butt is revealed while "menacingly reaching for a gallon of milk" and risk losing your LTC. (Chief's discretion)

How is that remotely possible or legal?

I equate that to a Grandma afraid of going over 50MPH and I pass her at 65MPH. She gets startled and calls 911 so I can lose my license?

Either move or purposely get "caught" printing or spontaneously (accidentally) showing and take it to court after you're convicted.

Those are really your only two choices, as your state government is not likely to suddenly develop a devotion to the Constitution and settle this through legislation instead of forcing its citizens to settle it through litigation. In this day and age, it's "legal" right up until government employees wearing black robes decides it ain't, that's how.

Blues

Either move or purposely get "caught" printing or spontaneously (accidentally) showing and take it to court after you're convicted.

Those are really your only two choices, as your state government is not likely to suddenly develop a devotion to the Constitution and settle this through legislation instead of forcing its citizens to settle it through litigation. In this day and age, it's "legal" right up until government employees wearing black robes decides it ain't, that's how.

Blues

I understand that and what you're saying but I still find it baffling knowing one can get arrested for doing something that is legal.

I understand that and what you're saying but I still find it baffling knowing one can get arrested for doing something that is legal.

It happens all of the time.

In northern Ohio, they had a cop arrest a guy who was OCing legally (OC is a right under the state constitution) after the cop who stopped him based on a MWAG call ran out of excuses to detain him (Bright v Northrup). Unfortunately, the system operates as if one is guilty until proven innocent instead of the other way around.

You can review the decision here: http://www.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/15a0092p-06.pdf

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back