Thinking outside of the box....

Many pro 2A groups often list businesses that are "anti 2A". Rather than portraying the negative, why not try a different approach and publish a list of businesses that are "pro criminal". After all, most folks don't like to hear the negative side of anything. Let's say a specific state association were to publish a list of businesses that are "Pro Criminal", maybe in a state with a high number of CCW permit holders.

Anyone think this will make a difference?

gf

I honestly do not know. It doesn't seem any amount of truth effects the majority of the anti 2A's way of thinking.

There is always the chance to reach a few of the anti gun crowd. A large majority of them however are not anti because of ignorance but rather because it fits a bigger agenda. For them they know the truth but don't care.

anything is worth a try. if people could see things from different points of view, it could help change the way they think.

The idea worked great about a week ago when I was talking with a couple of high school buddies who were more "anti" than "pro". They're so used to reading about the negative publicity about guns and how they're misused. Their thoughts were that if nobody has guns, then it's a "safe" place. They brought up the point of "posted" businesses. After going round and round about how criminals don't follow rules, laws, etc. I figured that a different approach might be more effective. With us agreeing that criminals don't follow laws/rules, etc, I came up with the "Pro Criminal" argument. Once I spelled it out for them, and pointed out that many of the places they went had armed security, they finally caught on that the "law abiding" citizens won't have guns in the "off limits" areas, but the "bad guys" would.

Just got an email from one of them, they're taking the basic NRA pistol class next month and will be applying for a CCW. :wink:

gf

guns

The idea worked great about a week ago when I was talking with a couple of high school buddies who were more "anti" than "pro". They're so used to reading about the negative publicity about guns and how they're misused. Their thoughts were that if nobody has guns, then it's a "safe" place. They brought up the point of "posted" businesses. After going round and round about how criminals don't follow rules, laws, etc. I figured that a different approach might be more effective. With us agreeing that criminals don't follow laws/rules, etc, I came up with the "Pro Criminal" argument. Once I spelled it out for them, and pointed out that many of the places they went had armed security, they finally caught on that the "law abiding" citizens won't have guns in the "off limits" areas, but the "bad guys" would.

Just got an email from one of them, they're taking the basic NRA pistol class next month and will be applying for a CCW. :wink:

gf

Their thoughts were that if nobody has guns, then it's a "safe" place

Lot of times someone will make the above statment. That may be true but the fact is you will never haver it where there are no guns because the criminals will always manage to have them.

Their thoughts were that if nobody has guns, then it's a "safe" place

Lot of times someone will make the above statment. That may be true but the fact is you will never haver it where there are no guns because the criminals will always manage to have them.

....and if it's not a gun, then it may be an ax.... :wink:

gf

gf

more converts.. great job!

Is man good or evil from birth? We all have to choose which way we are going some just need a little kick in the butt.

Their thoughts were that if nobody has guns, then it's a "safe" place.
If no one thought of war or got desperate enough to kill someone over something stupid, and all our violent disagreements were satisfied with relatively safe, one-on-one fistfights that didn't involve weapons, then the world would be a much safer place. You'd probably never hear about anyone getting murdered. A world where you don't have to constantly watch your back for aggressors of your own species would be awesome.

That's never going to happen, because from the time people learned to use rocks and strong sticks as lethal weapons, things have only scaled up. That's just human nature.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back