Thinking of visiting Tombstone Arizona, have one question

bosstornado

Hello friends!

Me and the wife are thinking of making a visit to Tombstone Arizona, which for my entire life has intrigued me... Now that I live in Texas and not the East Coast anymore traveling there by car is now possible. I have my Texas resident CHL in good standing.

I've been reading up on the laws in Arizona, apparently they recognize the Texas license and so forth, but I'm a bit confused over an issue which doesn't seem too obvious. First:

The text of 4-244(29), where it spells out that you can't carry a firearm into an establishment that sells alcohol "on-sale" (I'm assuming this refers to a premises for on-site consumption, as opposed to a liquor store), and provides the following exception:

"A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 who carries a concealed handgun on the licensed premises of any on-sale retailer that has not posted a notice pursuant to section 4-229."

Does this mean that my Texas CHL is not permitted to allow concealed carry on these premises, since it wasn't technically "issued pursuant to section 13-3112" but rather recognized by the state through reciprocity?

I know that Arizona preempts local laws pertaining to firearms, which is good because apparently Tombstone has an ordinance banning anyone but police from carrying "deadly weapons" including firearms.

Thanks!

You can carry concealed in any establishment serving alcohol as long as it is concealed & you are not consuming alcohol. Also, check by the liquor license for "no firearms" sign. Not always by the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hum very good question on the Texas permit, I would call our DPS on Tuesday to check. Last time we were in Tombstone we saw signs of no guns but by LEOs. Arizona has open carry and CCW with out a permit, however the issue of booze is the one that you need a permit to carry if not posted. Hum, think I shall check, hey move on over here we need more legal folks with guns that care.

Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS), Arizona Highway Patrol - State of Arizona

I'm from PA, welcome to the forums.

Be sure to look up - Tombstone Tactical I've dealt with these folks on a few occasions online and on the phone and their service is impeccable. If I ever get out that way, I'm sure to walk in and meet everyone there.

You can carry concealed in any establishment serving alcohol as long as it is concealed & you are not consuming alcohol & YOU HAVE A CCW. No CCW..no carry in bar/restaurant serving alcohol.

Well, the trip was pretty fun, lots of historical stuff to see.... thought it was kind of funny that some of the establishments prohibited firearms, considering the shootout at the O.K corral was due in part to the alleged violation of a Tombstone ordinance against possessing firearms when in town! :-D

You can carry concealed in any establishment serving alcohol as long as it is concealed & you are not consuming alcohol. Also, check by the liquor license for "no firearms" sign. Not always by the door.

Unbelievable. As Rome burns Nero fiddles.

I'm from PA, welcome to the forums.

Be sure to look up - Tombstone Tactical I've dealt with these folks on a few occasions online and on the phone and their service is impeccable. If I ever get out that way, I'm sure to walk in and meet everyone there.

They're not located in Tombstone. They have a location in north Phoenix and one in Chino Valley. If you want to walk in...you need to go about 185 miles northwest of Tombstone. Stop when you smell the neighborhood called "Metro Center".

Hello friends!

Me and the wife are thinking of making a visit to Tombstone Arizona, which for my entire life has intrigued me... Now that I live in Texas and not the East Coast anymore traveling there by car is now possible. I have my Texas resident CHL in good standing.

I've been reading up on the laws in Arizona, apparently they recognize the Texas license and so forth, but I'm a bit confused over an issue which doesn't seem too obvious. First:

The text of 4-244(29), where it spells out that you can't carry a firearm into an establishment that sells alcohol "on-sale" (I'm assuming this refers to a premises for on-site consumption, as opposed to a liquor store), and provides the following exception:

"A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 who carries a concealed handgun on the licensed premises of any on-sale retailer that has not posted a notice pursuant to section 4-229."

Does this mean that my Texas CHL is not permitted to allow concealed carry on these premises, since it wasn't technically "issued pursuant to section 13-3112" but rather recognized by the state through reciprocity?

I know that Arizona preempts local laws pertaining to firearms, which is good because apparently Tombstone has an ordinance banning anyone but police from carrying "deadly weapons" including firearms.

Thanks!
You are allowed to legally carry concealed in an establishment that serves alcohol provided : 1) You do not consume an alcoholic beverage and 2) It is not posted

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back