Thinking of selling my S&W M&P .40 FS

I am thinking of selling my .40 cal so I can get a decent .45 cal.
It has three, 15 round mags, manual thumb safety, hard shell box, three different palm swells and only 60 rounds through it. I also have a BlackHawk CQC holster for it.
What would be a good price for it! I also would include a dozen or so SD boxes of ammo and 100 rounds of FMJ's.
I am not even sure of its worth or if I even should sell it.
I would still have my Ruger P95 so I won't be "gun less".
Thoughts and comments are welcome!

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
Here's what I found at pooshka for a M&P .45, that's the only version I found there.

Average Used Price

$465

Used Price - New Condition: $510
Used Price - Excellent Condition: $490
Used Price - Good Condition: $450
Used Price - Fair Condition: $420
Average Used Trade-in

$220

Trade-in Price - New Condition: $290
Trade-in Price - Excellent Condition: $260
Trade-in Price - Good Condition: $210
Trade-in Price - Fair Condition: $170
Manufacturer Suggested Retail [Price] (MSR)

I sold my Smith and Wesson M&P 40c for about 450.00, theyre going for around 500 in my area, all depends on who wants to buy it. I still have my full size M&P, honestly, I wouldnt sell it, sometimes becomes a hassle, especially if you take it into a gun store, theyll give you the lowest dollar, and you may be able to squeeze an extra 25 to 50.00 out of them. Id recommend hanging onto it. Great gun. Ill never sell mine.

I have to agree with Itstjs, although I'm very partial to my M&P .40c. I'm accurate with it, and it's very reliable. I'm holding onto it. His pricing is just about dead-on-target.

I really like my M&P .40 and surprised you want sell yours with shooting so few rounds through it. I do agree with Itstjs and that going to a gun shop to trade or sell you are going to lose money. Only 60 rounds fired through it, it's still a new gun, not even broke in yet, Dude if your finances allow, keep it, May be worth a lot more one day with those 15 round mags. .40 S&W ammo is difficult to find in my area, mainly target loads. The high dollar home defense rounds are much easier to find but you don't want to use these for target practice. I say keep what you have for an investment so to speak if you can. Just My Opinion.

Thinking of selling my S&W M&P .40 FS

Good points. .40 cal ammo has not been a problem for me in Vermont. It seems as if nobody wants it as its always on the shelf. I can't find too much 9mm other than FMJ's but at least I can find ball ammo for it!
A friend of mine made a good point. He said "Never sell a gun to get another one!". I guess I will hold onto it then as I feel he made a good point. I have traded gun for gun in the past and I do have some regrets over that.
I now have my eye on the new Ruger SR45 and it would be a .45 that won't break the bank.
Thank you all for your input. I think I'll hold onto the .40 and just save for the SR45.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back