Thinking of getting a carry permit

rfjeff9

Madison resident here. I have been considering doing this for some time, and with all of the nut jobs running around shooting people, I believe it is time to arm myself against the possibility someone next to me in the checkout line will start wigging out and letting bullets fly. I am not interested in looking for a fight, but if one finds me, and I don't have an out, at least I can ensure I have a good chance of winning.

I am quite experienced with the shotguns and rifles that I hunt with, but it dawned on me last night when I was thinking about doing this that I have NEVER pulled the trigger on a handgun. I never really had access to one. And I really do not know much about which would best suit me, though I believe it is in my best interest to try some out.

So anyway, here's me saying HEY to all of you on here, and maybe I will see some of you shooting at Turcotte sometime soon.

One question - anyone here know a place where I might be able to try out several different brands or calibers?

Whaaaaaaattt???

Wife just walked through and told me that there was a gunman on Miss State campus today. Geez, I feel even more motivated now, and she is now urging me to get one. May "pull the trigger" on the application tomorrow.

Go for it. But, make sure you take a good NRA course first and maybe an advanced course also. Carrying has a lot of responsibilities. It is not just putting on a gun and putting a shirt or coat over it. Concealed means concealed and no one should know you are carrying. Good luck and God Bless.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back