Thinking about starting a local club?

S&WM&P40

I have been playing with the idea of starting a local(Vermont and New Hampshire) club. For people who like to shoot and who have always wanted to do/learn tactical style shooting, would also be tied to YouTube and we would do reviews on gear, classes members have attended, local small business (Gunsmiths,Holster makers,Gunshops etc.) Would there be any real interest in this idea? You don't have to have any tactical training to join, just a desire to learn some and have a love of shooting.

Looking at 21 years or older, kinda goes without saying but you have to be able to legally own and use firearms.
No gang bangers, drug users etc..
have a basic knowledge of firearm safety
and a few other things.

Open to ideas if you wanna add to it, or have ideas for it.

Great idea, but it depends on what you're planning on doing. First, how are you going to know who's a gang banger or druggie? Second, do you plan on going shooting together someplace? If so, you should check into liability issues. Other than that, it's a good idea.

Great idea, but it depends on what you're planning on doing. First, how are you going to know who's a gang banger or druggie? Second, do you plan on going shooting together someplace? If so, you should check into liability issues. Other than that, it's a good idea.

Good points, I'm not Obama and don't plan on subjecting any one who wants to join to back ground checks and drug tests. Yes we would be shooting together, at a range or at a members land. I suppose if we get enough people we could start doing applications. The hope is that we have members who are former military who can pass along their tactical training and help us learn it, as well as attending classes on skills. My other hope is that we have a member join who is an certified RSO and he or she would handle the safety training and make sure people are being safe and following the safety rules. The liability issue would be something to look at, Members could sign a wavier when they join, stating they understand the risk and waive the right to sue and hold us free of any legal or civil liability.

As to what we would be doing, My hope is to learn skills like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCrlyL3hx0 and shooting drills, reloading, movement drills etc..
, on top of the basic stuff like hitting the target, safety etc.. The gear views kinda speak for themselves everyone knows what that is. I'm working on a logo now and hope to have it finished in a few weeks and have sweat shirts up for sale.

Logo is done. Link Removed Link Removed decal's came out great, Link Removed Diamond Plate came out sick!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back