Things go downhill fast for cyclist arrested in Fort Worth

HK4U

A 23-year-old bicyclist rode right into trouble this week after making an apparent smart-aleck remark.

According to a report, a police officer had detained five people on a curb after a traffic stop in the 3900 block of White Settlement Road when the cyclist rode by them about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.

"Did y’all read them their rights first?" the cyclist said loudly as he pedaled past.

The remark drew the attention of the officer, who called for the cyclist to stop. "You don’t have a headlight on that bike," the officer said, according to the report.

Riding a bicycle without a headlight at night violates the Texas Transportation Code, the report states.

Things continued downhill when the cyclist ignored the officer and kept pedaling, prompting another officer to turn on his patrol car’s lights and chase the cyclist, the report states. Soon, another officer joined the pursuit.

The cyclist looked back at the pursuing officer, pedaled faster, hopped a curb, and rode through several driveways and yards. He stopped in the 3900 block of Monticello Drive, took off his backpack, threw his bike down and asked officers, "Why are y’all stopping me?"

The man was arrested on suspicion of evading arrest/detention.

But his troubles weren’t over.

According to the report, officers spotted the handle of a Glock pistol protruding from a mesh pocket on the man’s backpack. According to the report, the man has a concealed-handgun license. But because the gun was not concealed, he was also arrested on suspicion of unlawfully carrying a weapon by a license holder.

He was charged with both misdemeanors Thursday, court records show.

By Deanna Boyd
Source: Link Removed

If your going to be a wise ass you better make sure your gun is not showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some funny stuff!

"Things go downhill fast for cyclist arrested in Fort Worth | News | Star-Telegram.com"

Not downhill enough, they caught up to him in the end! lol Thanks for the post, made me chuckle!

OC is not allowed in Texas!?!?

Wow, I thought TX was pretty friendly towards guns. That's a shocker to me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back