Things being "tagged" in my neighborhood

KimberPB

I've lived in my current neighborhood for 7 years now and its a nice quiet little neighborhood. Well, a couple days ago while going home I noticed that the back of the fence had been tagged with spray paint. It was a huge smiley face with red "x" for eyes and a big black smile. Then yesterday I noticed the speed limit sign coming into the neighborhood was tagged with the same thing. Then again this morning coming out they had hit the phone company's box. It was kind of strange that over the past three days I keep seeing this smiley face. Also the only place I see it is on the main street heading into the development. Probably just some kids being stupid but wanted to see if anyone knows if this smiley with the red "X" for eyes has any meaning behind it.

Probably like you said, just some dumb a$$ little punks just being stupid. Perhaps gangster wannabee's....

"Tagging" is considered "art" by these punks w/ nothing better to do. The thrill is "tagging" stuff that's hard to get to. It's an underground competition thing. Most likely, it means nothing. I can't imagine it'd be gang-related....even though that's how they "claim" their "territory".

Set up some deer cams

Set up some deer cams and see if you can catch the little buggers. Also post no tresspassing signs on every side of your property and every 100 ft in between. Then if you catch them you can make their parents pay for any and all damages not to mention putting them in Juvie for a stretch. Personally I would give the kid's parents a break and confront them with the deer cam footage and offer to let them repaint your fence at their expense. If that doesn't work, lawyer up...the case will be a slam dunk and you will not have to pay legal fees when they lose. It will all come from the losing side anyway.

with all the different gangs and the membership now not limited to the depths of the typical hell holes like LA and NYC, call your local LEO and ask if they have seen the tag and if it means anything. Probalby doesnt, but this will also give them a heads-up as to what you are dealing with,

Confronting someone can be expensive. If a person confronts the wrong person it could end up anywhere from broken windows to the house totally gone. That is really a sad state of affairs and hopefully they aren't gang members who would do that to you because you complained about them.

The good guys (us) have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose. I would talk to the cops first and get their take on what you should do. AND take what the cops say with a grain of salt too, it ISN'T their HOME that might get the windows broken out or trashed.

I really don't like the way the country has become in the last 25 years and it just keeps getting worse and worse and WORSE.

New laws are a joke. Criminals, gang members, etc do NOT obey laws, but the liberals just keep making ^**%&*%) laws. Why? Are they stupid or what?

We need LOTS of tent jails and pink underwear, in every state of the union. No TV, labor for 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pretty quick a lot of them would figure out they don't want to be in jail.

But with the liberals, it is free TV, swimming pools, golf courses, no work, free Internet, free school so they can sue us. On and on and on.

We need to make jail a BAD place to be. Not a vacation resort like they are now.

Confronting someone can be expensive. If a person confronts the wrong person it could end up anywhere from broken windows to the house totally gone. That is really a sad state of affairs and hopefully they aren't gang members who would do that to you because you complained about them.

The good guys (us) have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose. I would talk to the cops first and get their take on what you should do. AND take what the cops say with a grain of salt too, it ISN'T their HOME that might get the windows broken out or trashed.

I really don't like the way the country has become in the last 25 years and it just keeps getting worse and worse and WORSE.

New laws are a joke. Criminals, gang members, etc do NOT obey laws, but the liberals just keep making ^**%&*%) laws. Why? Are they stupid or what?

We need LOTS of tent jails and pink underwear, in every state of the union. No TV, labor for 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. Pretty quick a lot of them would figure out they don't want to be in jail.

But with the liberals, it is free TV, swimming pools, golf courses, no work, free Internet, free school so they can sue us. On and on and on.

We need to make jail a BAD place to be. Not a vacation resort like they are now.

+1. Yes it should be a bad experience for the criminals when they are in jail. Too many "bleeding heart" liberals getting in the way though.

The best way to fight graffiti is to cover it up ASAP, or use anti-graffiti surfaces and paint that won't allow paint to stick.

Confronting them is probably counterproductive. The reason they're doing it is to get attention, so if the attention they receive is minimized, then it eliminates the whole point of doing it to begin with.

wow that sucks.. hopefully who ever is doing it gets caught and taught a lesson.. hopefully as said befor eall it is is just some little punk(s) being stupid and nothing is meant by it.

My guess is that if the symbol does have some meaning behind it, it is how the perps want people to remember them. Otherwise, I agree with everyone else, just probably some teens doing stupid stuff.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back