Things are getting ugly in Minneapolis--police chief out, protestors shut down mayor.

Reba

Sinner saved by grace
The people in Minneapolis are angry. They aren't satisfied with how the police department and city are handling the shooting and killing of Justine Damond by Officer Mohamed Noor.

Live coverage of the protestors taking over the press conference the mayor was holding about the resignation of the police chief:

Link Removed

I haven't posted anything on this case yet as I was waiting for more facts to come out. At this point, I do think that they are preparing to charge Officer Mohamed Noor with manslaughter. Given that he is not talking and there is no video or audio from the shooting, this will be a hard case to make. I am pretty sure that Noor's parter and the Police Union will come up with some story for the court room, like in the Castile case. I am pretty sure that Noor will not be convicted.

In my personal opinion, I think Minneapolis Police Chief Jane Harteau resigned today as it was foreseeable that there would be some significant political backlash against her, given the specific circumstances of the case, given that this is yet another unjustifiable police shooting, and given that it will take a while until they even charge Noor.

I haven't posted anything on this case yet as I was waiting for more facts to come out. At this point, I do think that they are preparing to charge Officer Mohamed Noor with manslaughter. Given that he is not talking and there is no video or audio from the shooting, this will be a hard case to make. I am pretty sure that Noor's parter and the Police Union will come up with some story for the court room, like in the Castile case. I am pretty sure that Noor will not be convicted.

In my personal opinion, I think Minneapolis Police Chief Jane Harteau resigned today as it was foreseeable that there would be some significant political backlash against her, given the specific circumstances of the case, given that this is yet another unjustifiable police shooting, and given that it will take a while until they even charge Noor.
Yep, this recent story is beyond the pale but so was the Castile story and it took this for the community to rally. Officer shot from inside the car, across his partners body, and killed an unarmed reporter of a crime in her PJ's? How many people will that cause NOT to call the cops in the future?

I am offended by the NRA's inaction. It speaks volumes. I am also offended that the activists were loud and vocal about Castile only, and not for this woman, in the footage I saw this morning. The big networks are also giving this little play because it doesn't fit their narrative from the Castile murder.

Seems to be a lot of discussion on the officers ethnicity and I'm not sure why it matters. It seems that the trading of younger officers is under indictment and probably should be. This is not a race issue. Both officers were newer minority officers but in both cases their willingness to just pulled a trigger is sobering to all citizens.

The Place To Be

. . .

Seems to be a lot of discussion on the officers ethnicity and I'm not sure why it matters. It seems that the trading of younger officers is under indictment and probably should be. This is not a race issue. Both officers were newer minority officers but in both cases their willingness to just pulled a trigger is sobering to all citizens.

The Place To Be
I don't know if people are discussing his ethnicity due to his race or rather to the Somalian culture and experience.

Factors such as inexperience in police work, inadequate training, and local police department camera policy are probably important in this case.

Now to wait and see if whites will burn and loot the neighborhoods of Minneapolis. Where are the WLM instigators, perhaps Franklin Graham, Joel Osteen, or Pat Robertson There is money to be made, news crew TV cameras at the ready and face time on the national news at stake.

Good grief. Both Jasmine Damond's death and Philando Castile's death are equally despicable. There actually should be white folk and black folk marching shoulder to shoulder in protest of all criminals wearing badges, of which Noor and Yanez are but a minuscule fraction of.

I can't believe the political correctness on display here. Noor's "ethnicity" has little to nothing to do with this - it's that he's a muslim. You do yourselves no favors to disregard this in an attempt to not appear bigoted towards muslims. They will kill you if they're so-inclined whether you lie about the real threat they pose to the world or not.

Blues

Good grief. Both Jasmine Damond's death and Philando Castile's death are equally despicable. There actually should be white folk and black folk marching shoulder to shoulder in protest of all criminals wearing badges, of which Noor and Yanez are but a minuscule fraction of.

I can't believe the political correctness on display here. Noor's "ethnicity" has little to nothing to do with this - it's that he's a muslim. You do yourselves no favors to disregard this in an attempt to not appear bigoted towards muslims. They will kill you if they're so-inclined whether you lie about the real threat they pose to the world or not.

Blues

I agree, however I fear that the PC goes back to at least two years ago with Noor's hiring. Anytime qualifications are fudged, whether it is to get soldiers allowed on the front line, or certain ethnic or religious groups in police departments, society as a whole suffers.

I agree, however I fear that the PC goes back to at least two years ago with Noor's hiring. Anytime qualifications are fudged, whether it is to get soldiers allowed on the front line, or certain ethnic or religious groups in police departments, society as a whole suffers.

No argument here. Quota hiring is the bane of free enterprise, but it's still only a part of the overall political correctness I mentioned previously.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back