Thieves targeting cars with gun-related stickers

My skeet gun with carrier barrel and sub gauge tubes is insured for replacement value, about $15,000. The insurance carrier is insistent on not having stickers on the vehicle in which you are going to carry the gun.

Years ago I had two expensive skeet guns stolen from my motel room while I went to dinner. Thieves saw me carry them in. Thank goodness they were insured.

it's fairly common knowledge about the library at clemson, just another low level tax sucking public school
Fairly common knowledge? That's kinda a dumb statement to make cause I'm not sure any school's library is common knowledge. I'm not sure what you've heard (if you've actually even heard anything at all), but I can tell you've never actually been there, and you're just trying your best to come up with some way to put me down because you don't like the career path that I have chosen. Well I can tell you that your failed and shallow attempts at putting down others, both here and in other threads, do nothing but put on display your incredibly low level of education and intelligence. I wouldn't care if you graduated from Harvard, you're a moron and a troll. Get over yourself.

Fairly common knowledge? That's kinda a dumb statement to make cause I'm not sure any school's library is common knowledge. I'm not sure what you've heard (if you've actually even heard anything at all), but I can tell you've never actually been there, and you're just trying your best to come up with some way to put me down because you don't like the career path that I have chosen. Well I can tell you that your failed and shallow attempts at putting down others, both here and in other threads, do nothing but put on display your incredibly low level of education and intelligence. I wouldn't care if you graduated from Harvard, you're a moron and a troll. Get over yourself.

keep deluding yourself, I've even had the orange slurpee that is so popular there

keep deluding yourself, I've even had the orange slurpee that is so popular there
You have?! Oh well then pardon me! I didn't realize you had the slurpee! I guess you really do know what you're talking about haha...dumbass.

Better to be THOUGHT of as a dumbass than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Unfortunately I think you removed all doubt so very long ago.

Last edited:
You have?! Oh well then pardon me! I didn't realize you had the slurpee! I guess you really do know what you're talking about haha...dumbass.

Better to be THOUGHT of as a dumbass than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Unfortunately I think you removed all doubt so very long ago.

be gone, child.

And I've got one vehicle with a license plate that reads, "G21.4Me". (Wakes traffic cops in New York State, and New Jersey right up!) 😁

Yeah I know, . . . It's an old thread, but still!

I retired from law enforcement in 2011, but I know that the instances of firearms being stolen from cops' cars and homes tripled in Georgia between 2008 and 2011. Interviews with suspects revealed that they targeted cars with blue line decals, NRA decals, and gun decals on them, especially if they had Glock decals. While they didn't always get a gun they were looking for anything else of value, too, like laptops, iPads, and wallets or purses. In officers' cases they were also stealing uniforms and tactical gear. The point is don't advertise what you have on your car. You're just making yourself a target for criminals even if you are exercising your 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.
Years ago, young doctors were eager - and proud, rightly so - to acquire MD license plates for their automobiles. Even if a nine year-old Audi was their first car, after years of study and self-mortification, it was what you did . . .

Then came crack! Suddenly, les miserables were breaking into any car with a radio, a battery ( they'd come back three days later to re-steal your brand new replacement Diehard) or, or

Drugos!

Who would most likely have drugs in the trunk but a medical doctor?

Soon enough, by the 1990s doctors in cities stopped displaying permanent MD designated license plates.

Same thing here: why shout to les mis that you like guns n' ammo? They know what NRA means from watching NPR while visiting prisons, shelters and rehabs.

A guy on a state oriented forum here in Ohio lost the key to his lockbox or the lock broke (can't remember which). But it took him well over an hour to break the box open in his driveway with the full use of all his tools, including the bolt cutters. Now granted, he wanted to prevent harming the truck or the gun and a thief wouldn't care about those things. But a thief wouldn't have all those tools and would need to maintain some degree of stealth, so in some way the differences would somewhat cancel out. Those boxes aren't Fort Know by any stretch of the imagination, but as you point out, there are much easier pickings elsewhere. And the effort needed to open one of those boxes is very likely to draw attention a thief doesn't want.
You know thieves do you?

There's a reason there's no Lowe's or Home Depot in Manhattan.

Seriously, in America's war zones, the wrong guys have bolt cutters and re-purposed portable flambé lighters that work like a blow torch on cable. Ask any bicycle messenger.

Our best universities do not teach business, medicine, law or arts as well as incarcerees teach each other how to steal.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back