Theater Shooting Aurora CO

awoken2life

After waking up this morning and reading the news, I was once more reminded how important it is to carry ALL the time. You never know when something like this can happen. Does anyone know what this theater's policy was on guns? I'm just curious if they had a no guns policy and how they will look at this situation now.

This is just great. Now gun control advocates are going to try and use this to pass even stricter gun control laws, and once again ignore the fact that a law like that will only stop legal gun owners from protecting themselves.

I wonder if the media and government will even consider that just one person carrying concealed in that movie theater could have saved dozens of people from death or suffering. We all know they won't. They're going to use this just as they're going to use the Zimmerman case against legal gun owners.

Idiots like this waste of life that shot up that theater are going to make everything worse for those of us that legally own and/or carry.

The gunman was in full body armor. I'm not sure if someone there with a concealed weapon would've helped, but it might of too. Who knows. This POS should be dead now.

Bulletproof vests keep the bullet from entering your body, not from breaking ribs and feeling like you are hit with a blunt object. A few shots to the vest might have slowed him down enough to get a clear shot. But then again, who knows how things would have really turned out had a CHP holder was present. I guess anyone on this forum would say that they would do their best. Or at least die trying instead of being unarmed and lie down watching everyone being showered.

Hey Everyone,

After this tragedy I felt compelled to start a petition to the Mayor of Aurora and the theater Cinemark.

Take a look and if you agree I hope that you will sign.

I also hope that this does not violate TOS of APC as I'm an active user and this is a great forum that has helped me professionally for years.

Take Care!
__________________________________________________ ______________
Everyone awoke to the horror of the tragic news that a gunman opened fire at the screening of the new Batman movie in Aurora, CO that killed at least 12 innocent people and wounded many more.

As our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, we must realize that Cinemark Theaters and the city council of Aurora, Colorado has a municipal ordinance which makes it illegal for citizens that have Concealed Carry Permits (CCW/CCP) to carry into a premises that has posted "no guns" signs.

In other words, the city gave private signage the force of law. Cinemark theaters has had a no guns policy for some time, and has asked law-abiding citizens to leave for exercising their Constitutional right to legal armed self-defense.

Please join us in signing this petition to have the Mayor of Aurora and Cinemark Theaters hear our voice to allow citizens to legally carry and help secure public safety.

That's why I created a petition to Steve Hogan, Mayor of Aurora, CO, Aurora City Council, and Cinemark USA, Inc., which says:

"Please join us in signing this petition to have the Mayor of Aurora and Cinemark Theaters hear our voice to allow citizens to legally carry and help secure public safety."

Will you sign my petition? Click here to add your name:

Link Removed

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

After this tragedy I felt compelled to start a petition to the Mayor of Aurora and the theater Cinemark.

I also hope that this does not violate TOS of APC as I'm an active user and this is a great forum that has helped me professionally for years.

Take Care!
Everyone awoke to the horror of the tragic news that a gunman opened fire at the screening of the new Batman movie in Aurora, CO that killed at least 12 innocent people and wounded many more.

As our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and their families, we must realize that Cinemark Theaters and the city council of Aurora, Colorado has a municipal ordinance which makes it illegal for citizens that have Concealed Carry Permits (CCW/CCP) to carry into a premises that has posted "no guns" signs.

In other words, the city gave private signage the force of law. Cinemark theaters has had a no guns policy for some time, and has asked law-abiding citizens to leave for exercising their Constitutional right to legal armed self-defense.

Please join us in signing this petition to have the Mayor of Aurora and Cinemark Theaters hear our voice to allow citizens to legally carry and help secure public safety.

That's why I created a petition to Steve Hogan, Mayor of Aurora, CO, Aurora City Council, and Cinemark USA, Inc., which says:

"Please join us in signing this petition to have the Mayor of Aurora and Cinemark Theaters hear our voice to allow citizens to legally carry and help secure public safety."

Link Removed

Thanks!

I signed this petition, and I also posted this on Facebook to spread around and get more signatures. I hope it does some good.

Bulletproof vests keep the bullet from entering your body, not from breaking ribs and feeling like you are hit with a blunt object. A few shots to the vest might have slowed him down enough to get a clear shot. But then again, who knows how things would have really turned out had a CHP holder was present. I guess anyone on this forum would say that they would do their best. Or at least die trying instead of being unarmed and lie down watching everyone being showered.

We all know how foolish it is to sit here now and say what we would have done...no way we can be sure. I would have been carrying or I would not be there. Signs or no signs. I would like to think that I would have tried to put 25 rounds on him to try and slow him down if I could - hope I could slip one through the armor somewhere.

Hey Everyone,

Take Care!

Link Removed

Thanks!
IANAL. IMHO.
Aurora's ordinance does not have the force of law behind it as it violates state preemption. Colorado state law does not make it illegal to carry in a business posted no firearms.

Ya what a shame this whole thing....
I cant find on any site about "No firearms" signs
Here is Georgia signs hold no legal weight....Their posted a lot....If asked to leave because somebody spots your gun you must, but there has not been one day in 6 years going to the mall here or to the REGAL cinema attached that I was not armed and I was legally able to be.

Was thinking about moving to CO next year......Guess I should review their gun laws...and this link:

Aurora's Strict Gun Laws Didn't Prevent Shooting, But If One Law-Abiding Person In The Theater Had Been Carrying One... | CNSNews.com

"How will stricter gun laws bring an end to criminals having guns, when the laws against murder have not been able to stop them from killing innocent people?

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

Yet these laws were unable to stop James Holmes."

What the heck?

Has anyone noticed how right before some gun law bill or a signing of a bill gets passed some crackpot opens fire somewhere and the media tells us how guns are so dangerous?

People discussing the theater incident on various sites are claiming that Aurora and a bunch of other Colorado cities prohibit concealed carry through their own ordinances.

I never knew this to be true. But is it?

Ya what a shame this whole thing....
I cant find on any site about "No firearms" signs
Here is Georgia signs hold no legal weight....Their posted a lot....If asked to leave because somebody spots your gun you must, but there has not been one day in 6 years going to the mall here or to the REGAL cinema attached that I was not armed and I was legally able to be.

Was thinking about moving to CO next year......Guess I should review their gun laws...and this link:

Aurora's Strict Gun Laws Didn't Prevent Shooting, But If One Law-Abiding Person In The Theater Had Been Carrying One... | CNSNews.com

"How will stricter gun laws bring an end to criminals having guns, when the laws against murder have not been able to stop them from killing innocent people?

Currently in Aurora, Colorado, where the shooting took place, it is already unlawful to carry a concealed "dangerous weapon," discharge firearms, unless by law enforcement on duty or on shooting range, and have loaded firearm in motor vehicle.

Yet these laws were unable to stop James Holmes."

What the heck?
The article contains incorrect information.
People discussing the theater incident on various sites are claiming that Aurora and a bunch of other Colorado cities prohibit concealed carry through their own ordinances.

I never knew this to be true. But is it?

No it is not. Due to state preemption municipalities, with the exception of Denver, can not make stricter firearms laws than the state. Even Denver has to follow the states concealed carry laws.

I live in Aurora and have a permit. Rocky mountain gun owners web site post places that do not allow weapons therefore we don't support their business.

After waking up this morning and reading the news, I was once more reminded how important it is to carry ALL the time. You never know when something like this can happen. Does anyone know what this theater's policy was on guns? I'm just curious if they had a no guns policy and how they will look at this situation now.

"They" will say dammit somebody forgot to lock the back doors! That's what.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back