The Worlds Largest Army

FSSANCHEZ

for those of you that haven't seen this, I think its great.

In WWII, Japan's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:

-------------------------------------------------------

America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)

As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security

In GOD We Trust

This is a re-run and has been posted on these forums before.
So it has, but it bares repeating. Lest we forget the reason for the second amendment. The lib's want you to believe that the government will be there to protect us. The second amendment is there to protect us from the government.

While the numbers are overwhelming, I doubt even a tiny fraction of that number would stand to when it came to fighting. Also, consider that a vast number might be more dangerous to friendlies than whatever enemy we're fighting when the actual shooting began. I know a lot of "deer hunters" who buy a tag and never leave their vehicle(maybe not even their house). They're out with "the guys" and everyone else is buying a tag so they do too. These are the ones who you want on the front line because you sure don't want them BEHIND YOU with a loaded gun.

While the numbers are overwhelming, I doubt even a tiny fraction of that number would stand to when it came to fighting. Also, consider that a vast number might be more dangerous to friendlies than whatever enemy we're fighting when the actual shooting began. I know a lot of "deer hunters" who buy a tag and never leave their vehicle(maybe not even their house). They're out with "the guys" and everyone else is buying a tag so they do too. These are the ones who you want on the front line because you sure don't want them BEHIND YOU with a loaded gun.

I think you underestimate the resolve of Americans in the event we were faced with an invasion of our country. When push comes to shove, Americans have always taken whatever action was necessary to defend themselves. Any aggressor to the US may eventually subdue us but it will be one hell of a fight before he does so. I hope your attitude changes before that day of reckoning comes and you will stand with those who will fight rather than sheepishly acquiesce to any enemy.

I think we EASILY could field a 15 million person force. With 90-120 days drilling time, and combined with the existing force structure this could be a very potent force.......and if the global economy does not turn around in coming years it is highly possible that we will need that force. The last global Depression gave us leaders like Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Hideki Tojo, and Adolph Hitler. If the global economy worsens how many nations will listen to the siren song of the ultra-nationalists? Those of you who have children at home (especially boys) MAY one day be saving their lives by making them as familiar as possible with some basic survival skills as well how to shoot. Do you really want ALL of their firearms training coming from Uncle Sam (who probably will be desperate to get troops to the front....probably NOT in the USA)?

I think we EASILY could field a 15 million person force. With 90-120 days drilling time, and combined with the existing force structure this could be a very potent force.......and if the global economy does not turn around in coming years it is highly possible that we will need that force. The last global Depression gave us leaders like Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Hideki Tojo, and Adolph Hitler. If the global economy worsens how many nations will listen to the siren song of the ultra-nationalists? Those of you who have children at home (especially boys) MAY one day be saving their lives by making them as familiar as possible with some basic survival skills as well how to shoot. Do you really want ALL of their firearms training coming from Uncle Sam (who probably will be desperate to get troops to the front....probably NOT in the USA)?
What, and bring back the draft? In this day and age? MAN, I'd LOVE to see how that goes over. Sure hope I live long enough.

I have seen this post before... Here are a couple of additional thoughts.
Pareto's Principle = 80/20 rule... So assume only 20% of all the hunters show up to fight the enemy. If you use 30, Mil... Just because it make the math easier... that is 6 million armed hunters. That is quite a force that really isn't going to need a lot of training. We are a rag-tag bunch!
Oh and bye the way... I don't think a draft would be needed.
Additionally, I haven't bought a hunting license in years. But today I put 2 of 3 rounds in a 2" circle at 200 yards. (Remy SPS .308) I did it three times in a row. Just too dang windy I guess. I wonder how many other guys are out there like me? Just one of the uncounted masses who would show up.:biggrin:

Im not in the best physical shape, i have a bad back, bad knees, and a bad shoulder, but i would show up for the fight and give it everything i had just like ever one else. I think with all of the hunters and gun inthusiasts out there we could put up quite a fight.

What, and bring back the draft? In this day and age? MAN, I'd LOVE to see how that goes over. Sure hope I live long enough.

I hope that I don't ever see any of this; but it would be arrogant presumption to assume that it CAN'T happen again. If somebody nukes 2 to 20 U.S. cities, I think a ground war is probably not avoidable. There is nothing harmed by giving your kids some skills that they will never ever need and never ever use while having some father-son experiences together. On the other hand if bad things happen to good people giving YOUR kid an edge up on the learning curve MIGHT be the difference he needs. Adam Yoshida at American Thinker has already written an article attempting to predict where the next big conflict could be........
Articles: Will There Be War?

I wouldn't even consider it a draft if OUR country was being invaded (beyond just attacked like Pearl Harbor and 9/11...but actual troops coming on to US soil). I know we are pushing to become a nation of wussies, but we aren't there yet. While all the hunters wouldn't be rushing to the front lines/coasts/boarders to set up a defense that our military would be doing, our hunters would sure be getting together in their towns and figuring out a plan of their own if our military somehow fails to stop the invaders. If invaders somehow manage to get past our military, they will have 6 million (from the previous 80/20 post) of pissed off gun owners aiming at them. This number does not include the gun owning non hunter citizens either. The ones that have guns for self defense, who would be more than likely to put up an even greater fight. God Bless America.

Where gun owners would prove deadly to a foreign invader is their supply lines. To keep their forces at the front supplied they will have to use the interstates. An old dude with a scoped 30-06 can take out a couple of 60 mph trucks and slow that convoy down by 1 to 6 hours......especially if they have fuel trucks. Tracking down and killing that one old man would take 6-20 of their better infantry most of a day.....and he MIGHT take one or two of them with him. If there are 2 to 6 million old dudes out there willing to risk taking that shot that translates into an awful lots of shot up trucks and an awful lot of good infantry tied up away from the front chasing ghosts.

Last edited:
Im not in the best physical shape, i have a bad back, bad knees, and a bad shoulder, but i would show up for the fight and give it everything i had just like ever one else. I think with all of the hunters and gun inthusiasts out there we could put up quite a fight.

You sound kind of like me. Poor knees and ankle. I can still hike, but I ain't runnin. Just walk me up to a good point of fire and let em come and get it!

In regards to a hunting permit... I was once asked in an internet forum where the best spot to aim on my target was. Everyone was talking abotu lungs and chest cavity. My answer was "Head shot. I am not a hunter." I'd certainly defend my neighborhood and family should the foreign government who owns our debt choose to foreclose.

People often ask why I own guns and I say "Look at Katrina. Look at what is happening in places like North Africa (Libya, Syria). You can't count on anyone else. I hope they never get used, but the chance is always there that they can get used."

this is a really nasty place to invade if u r a foreign invader, deploy in a city, and u got a bunch of gang bangers goin at u along with the earlier mentioned gun owners and cops and whoever else picks up a weapon, go out in the country with us nice friendly folks,hunters, good old boys and red necks, just not a situation u want to get into, I bet that there are enough guns that we could litteraly point a gun out every window in this country. Anybody wanna come over and play?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back