The truth about gun bans, from the mouths of those that have had it thrust upon them

they will never get a gun ban here based on logic. the only way they will succeed is by an emotional appeal based on some tragic incident (read Newtown, CT) that will create sympathy from the majority of the public and most legislatures. If you look at the recent state laws that have been passed (NY, CO, MD) I beleive little of that was based on empirical statistics or logic. It was all about hype, hyperbole with a little smoke and mirrors thrown in for good measure.

Might want to take note of the fact, we are a constitutional republic, as long as the constitution remains unchanged no gun ban can take place.

It's time to put some teeth behind the words.....

Just sayin.... ya know?

I doesn't matter if politicians and judges continue to change the meaning of the words.

I have a friend who was originally from Australia. Her son still lives there. He recently experienced a home invasion. He wasn't hurt, but his home was damaged, and several things were stolen.

they will never get a gun ban here based on logic. the only way they will succeed is by an emotional appeal based on some tragic incident (read Newtown, CT) that will create sympathy from the majority of the public and most legislatures. If you look at the recent state laws that have been passed (NY, CO, MD) I beleive little of that was based on empirical statistics or logic. It was all about hype, hyperbole with a little smoke and mirrors thrown in for good measure.

All that is needed to accomplish anything is the minds of young people today. Hmm, what other prominent figure in history utilized that to his advantage to do the unthinkable? What are they teaching in schools? To be afraid of guns, that guns are bad. That the government will protect you. As these children grow up into adults, that fear will continue, and that fear will be nurtured in the minds of their own children. Within 1-2 generations, it will become increasingly easy to disarm the general public, a very necessary step for a government to dominate it's "citizens". Armed citizens is one of the other "checks and balances" designed into the constitution. How the liberal political figures of today must despise that pesky little second amendment. If it wasn't for that, they could have their way with the American people.

What a Croc and I don't mean Crocodile. The Australian people need to have sit-ins in every city and demand better gun rights. Criminals in Australia must be happy as hell. If I lived there I'd have one gun locked and loaded near my bed at night and kept in a secret place during the day. But HELL NO I ain't about to ever live there. Australia you are dumb, demand your gun rights.

The President, congress, and all State Governors need to see this video.

:triniti:

The President, congress, and all State Governors need to see this video.

Unfortunately, even if they did see it, I'm convinced that most would not care.

I live in MD and attended several of the proceedings leading up to passage of laws which will (come Oct. 1st) treat law abiding gun owners in this state like criminals.
Facts from trusted, non-interested sources (e.g. CDC data) were presented in all manner of emotion, by people of virtually every walk of life.
The proponents of the bills absolutely refused to acknowledge the data - they practically stuck their fingers in their ears.
They had no interest or intent to be objective on the matter.
It was horribly disheartening.

And to add further insult - the media did not accurately report the proceedings.
We rallied before the proceedings with numbers in the thousands and most then went to attend and/or testify at the proceedings.
They had to close the building due to safety concerns - security and other staff said that they had never (in 15-20 years) seen anything like it.

Although we had a record number of (well behaved) opponents to the gun restrictions - it was reported as hundreds, and no one aired any of the comments from the state employees that witnessed and were awe stricken by our numbers.

Approximately a dozen or so people signed up to testify in favor of the new restrictions - but literally hundreds signed up to testify against them.
They stopped allowing actual testimony and only allowed opponents to the Bill to state their name, county of residence and position on the Bill.
That process still went on until the wee hours of the morning.
It was reported that the hearing went very late - but not that the ratio of proponents to opponents was so disproportionate...

Throughout the process - none of the politicians that supported the firearms restrictions cared about any of the facts. It didn't matter that none of what they proposed would have prevented any of the horrific acts that they were citing as the reason to enact more gun laws.
They always fell back on the "If it saves only one life..." "It's about the safety of the children..."

Even though they could not cite any facts that the restrictions would have any effect on gun related crimes and there was a massive show of opposition to further restriction - they passed the laws stating that "They will make us safer" "This is what our constituents want"

We intend to speak with our vote at the next opportunity and are ever hopeful that the system still works...

Might want to take note of the fact, we are a constitutional republic, as long as the constitution remains unchanged no gun ban can take place.

Our constitution is not worth the paper it is written on right now, sadly. Has anyone noticed how our President does anything he wants, regardless of the constitution or the oath of office he took? I am very scared right now and I pray that I am wrong, but, we are living in a post-constitutional republic and we cannot take any of our rights for granted.

Ok. I'll stop ranting now. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back