The Truce of the Bear

HK4U

Their back!

When he stands up like a tired man, tottering near and near;

When he stands up as pleading, in wavering, man-brute guise,

When he veils the hate and cunning of his little swinish eyes;

When he shows as seeking quarter, with paws like hands in prayer,

That is the time of peril—the time of the Truce of the Bear!

Rudyard Kipling

Did anyone ever really think that The Soviet Union changed and now was our friend or that the evil was dead. I am afraid we have burried them a little early.

Link Removed

Every time I head "gas man" Putin talk I thought of Prime Minister Chamberlin. If you don't know your history...Google it! ;)

A war we may want to let Ivan and the EU handle.

Assume agro ebbs/flows, peace talks flare-up then stall, more bear attacks into the birthplace of Jo Stalin, more counterattacks by whomever gets their turf trashed, with U.S. forces already kitting [humanitarian aid my ass) Georgian civvies & military. Then in steps President John McCain 2009, count on a 3rd front starting with (at 1st) techno stand-off platforms vs. costly and brutal force on force rumbles we do not have the men or kit to hold what the Russians have waiting to throw our way for long alone: U.S.A.F. CAP's and Predator escalation or President Barak Hussein Obama leaves them to their fate hoping the Iranian masses will tie up Ivan just like the Bear's follies did in Afghanistan [1978-1992] finally driving them out of a long bloody conflict with no real winners, just leaving a huge vacuum the Talliban soon filled, back when the muj were on the CIA pay-roll & had not mutated into al-Q c/o ObL and M8's and ca$h. Or dancing to the Bears tunes for promises of 'closer ties' to once arch enemies wrapped up as a sucker trap he is falling into on the Georgia SNAFU. IMHO we do not need to stretch that strategic rubber band too tight or it will snap & we will catch the painful global rebound & censure for being SO gullible. Only a Euro confederation of many like-minded localized nations working in total cooperation during the execution phase can go one-on-one with a (massive) Russian Armed Forces @ the same time where Red attrition ='s bring more units forward from an inexhaustible supply waiting in line for their turn. History has shown U.S. those Old World Euro nations seldom work well together, many cut & run, turn sides or just surrender, even against a clear and growing daily threat. IMHO we have as much right 2 B in Georgia (not even close to the North Atlantic, ergo NATO), protecting EUROPE NOT south-west Asia, as Russian troops have a right 2 B in-masse in Mexico with lots of Russian army groups, air wings and naval forces poised to move across the Rio Grande, control the skies south of the Mason-Dixon line and block/mine every U.S. port on both sides of the U.S. coast. Cuba is/was communist with a growing capitalist twist, still too f-ing close to us already. Fidel @ 83 is slowly bowing out to a less communist regime c/o his son compared to a much younger fiery Fidel who almost started a nuclear war had that those missiles not been removed, so it's isolated and of no real threat..yet.
Wake up EU/NATO to combine & deal with a Balkans problem that has gone from all out war to guerilla turf battles now into daily body counts on both sides making me wonder just how much Ivan wants it's back-yard back, or in other terms U.S. not setting up bases in the place which is as ready for true democracy as E-Germany was in 1970! Ivan has greater aims to push it right into the Black & Caspian Seas, traditional & ancient Russian waters with Ukraine forces posturing that they will (attempt to) block a MASSIVE returning Russian navy from right of passage into those inland seas, very bad vibes that this could go very wrong, too fast for anyone but the Bear (BF military air-land sea standing forces) to come out on top of it's drive to reclaim old provinces trying separatist actions with not enough anything to do much but fail and then starts the round-ups, the 24/7/365 1-way trains to Siberian 'labor camps' hauling Georgian POW's, leaders, cops, teachers, priests, politicians, etc., or simple common folk until anyone who even blogs an anti-Ivan internet post or mutters discontent after too many shots of vodka is WAY fucked. Add vital 2 the Euros gas addiction just like ours & vital oil pipe-lines that run right thru the a/o to feed a gas hungry EU and you have multi-national EU troops fighting single minded Russian invaders who could be into border skirmishes with well armed neighboring Turkey (NATO) and Iran (Islamic/huge ground 2nd rate standing forces) to the south in a week or into the heart or main hubs of Europe proper if not checked/blocked by the fall. For a geo-political SITREP that portends something which has already begun in ernest. I think this changes & worsens global localized wars, shifts the delicate balance of power/terror to the the collapse stage and has just too many players all itching to plonk a Soviet-era lo-yield nuke on Moscow or Georgia depending upon their hatreds.
We are digging a huge hole for what little credibility we have left in the global village and if this goes down as the agenda for a questionable fella who has not even won a presidential election yet, then shortly after a global war will follow, not just Iraq or Afghanistan, try one that extends over 3 continents and will affect billions of people world-wide.
Tomorrows headlines maybe?
This link is worth a look, current, short & 2 the point. Glasnost my ass!
http://www.rense.com/general82/indt.htm This site may give U an idea of very well planned and ongoing as I type this out plan for Obama (and he's playing right into it!) doing Russian dirty work for them another 'change' in direction and an indicator of just how fast this will migrate into being our problem. The deliberate and ILLEGAL persecution & ethnic cleansings and ultimately genocide, U.S. troops would be required to perform & if they do we as a nation who is supposed to project democaracy and equaity will be compared to the Nazis by most nations and our troops will lose all Geneva Convention protection if we even load up a single transport of 'displaced' Georgians heading for mass graves in-route. What moral high ground will we have left after cleaning up Russia's unwanted for them & our credibility will be one big f-ing joke to add to the toppling of Saddam's statue fiasco in 2003 thru present bollocks-ups we seem to B racking up on a daily basis? Add this factual information to your list of reasons to tear-up your ballot as either way your vote aids in putting a person into such a postion of power that he must commit our troops not to fighting an enemy, but cleaning up the garbage most Russian troops want no part of work best left to Somali war lords or Columbian drug cartels. The deliberate murder of innocents for no reason other than it may make us one less enemy than we already have. Or meet Ivan full might as they pour into Europe and kill them as part of our NATO duties.
I think the next REFORGER may be a long very live-fire annual not so much of an exercise this time round.

Canis-Lupus

Last edited:
Look out for black bears in the wild Wear bells to let them know you are there. Carry bear spray .Learn to tell if bears have been around look for black bear scat will have berries and squirrel fur in them. Also look for grizzly scat it will smell like bear spray and have bells in it. Good luck. Now for big foot in George.

Last edited:
For those that have not read them I would like to suggest the following books. They will open your eyes to the danger of the Soviet Union.

New lies for old and the Perestroika Deception by Anatoliy Golitsyn.

Also, Through the Eyes of the Enemy: The Autobiography of Stanislav Lunev (Hardcover)

To me it's not so much Russia that is the enemy as it is Vladimir Putin. Because his country is Europe's biggest oil producer, he is using that influence to stir things up in Europe, all while knowing that he won't be met with much opposition, much like Iran in the Middle East.

Having become politically 'aware' in the 60's and spent 3 years in Berlin, I can tell you that whatever face they show to the World, they'll always be 'Soviets' to me.

To me it's not so much Russia that is the enemy as it is Vladimir Putin.
This is always the case. It's not the Russians we have to beware of...it's the Russian leadership.

Its the russian weapons.

Piffle. We got weapons, too. Maybe much more so now than in the 60's, the Russians do NOT want to screw with us at this time! While they've spent the last 20 years licking their post-USSR wounds and trying to get their collective poop together, societally and politically, we've continued to march and develop new systems that (I don't believe) they can touch, or maybe even know about. We used to have an expression: "We have stuff that's so secret only us and the Soviets know about it!" I don't think that's true anymore.

The Chinese...? Maybe. Everybody paying attention to the Olympics, and the number of people they're able to puke up onto events that you'd never think would be people-driven? Remember that "Chinese Moveable Type" feature during the opening ceremonies?

Link Removed

Amazing, magnificent utilization of manpower, perfectly orchestrated and coordinated. We'd never be able to pull that off with people...we'd have to automate it. I'm reminded of a story illustrating how we always seem to take the rocky road: When space travel began in earnest, NASA discovered that the normal "BIC"-type pen was pretty much useless in zero-gravity. So, after spending Billions of dollars on R&D and countless manhours, they came up with the Space Pen, which accomplished the desired result well enough...

...while the Russians switched to pencils.

The North Koreans...? Maybe, too, but they're led by a suicidal maniac. He's not so nuts, though, that he'd actually pick a fight with us, I feel...just foxy enough to use his insanity to blackmail us into compliance.

What MAY get us into a war is our being involved in alliances with all these other countries.

Just one man's opinion.

Last edited:
We're still the most powerful country on the face of the earth, however. Noticed how the country that Vlad is bullying is not a U.S. ally or major trading partner? He might be dangerous, but he's not stupid enough to mess with the United States, particularly while Bush is still in the White House. If Obama were in the White House, it might be a different story, and this is one of the many reasons he needs to be defeated in November.

Tattedupboy, I certainly have the feeling that you are under many false beliefs here.
First off, the country that 'Vlad is bullying,' refering to Georgia obviously, is not only a U.S. ally, it is a known puppet state of the U.S. and Israel. You didn't see the footage of Saakasvilli practically begging to the U.S. to save him?
Second, here is a fact that most Americans are sadly misled on, which has caused the rest of the world to laugh at us because of our propaganda filled media: Georgia sneak attacked Russia first. Russia simply responded by defending themselves. Our corporate controlled media has sold us on Russia being a big bad bully, while the neo-cons say that "nations don't invade other nations in the 21st century," all the while grand-standing and saying how evil Russia is for attacking. Google it, do your research.
I'm not saying Russia is good, but in this case, they were merely defending themselves.
Third, of course Russia wouldn't be stupid enough to mess with the U.S.. Russia wants peace, our leaders are the twisted, psychotic masters of war, that want to pick on nuclear super-powers until we get a nuclear holocaust. Which brings me to my next point.
Fourth, it will be NO Different if and when Obama gets in the White House. For the simple fact that the president is puppet for the higher powers to manipulate. It doesn't matter, McCain or Obama, the same agenda will be carried out, just with a different face.

Tattedupboy, I certainly have the feeling that you are under many false beliefs here.
First off, the country that 'Vlad is bullying,' refering to Georgia obviously, is not only a U.S. ally, it is a known puppet state of the U.S. and Israel. You didn't see the footage of Saakasvilli practically begging to the U.S. to save him?
Second, here is a fact that most Americans are sadly misled on, which has caused the rest of the world to laugh at us because of our propaganda filled media: Georgia sneak attacked Russia first. Russia simply responded by defending themselves. Our corporate controlled media has sold us on Russia being a big bad bully, while the neo-cons say that "nations don't invade other nations in the 21st century," all the while grand-standing and saying how evil Russia is for attacking. Google it, do your research.
I'm not saying Russia is good, but in this case, they were merely defending themselves.
Third, of course Russia wouldn't be stupid enough to mess with the U.S.. Russia wants peace, our leaders are the twisted, psychotic masters of war, that want to pick on nuclear super-powers until we get a nuclear holocaust. Which brings me to my next point.
Fourth, it will be NO Different if and when Obama gets in the White House. For the simple fact that the president is puppet for the higher powers to manipulate. It doesn't matter, McCain or Obama, the same agenda will be carried out, just with a different face.

Wow, you really believe this stuff, don't you?

You refer to puppets repeatedly in this post, mainly Georgia (of the U.S.) and the president (of higher powers you don't name). Every word in this post sounds like a typical liberal, sky is falling, hypebole talking point; who's really the puppet here!

Wow, you really believe this stuff, don't you?

You refer to puppets repeatedly in this post, mainly Georgia (of the U.S.) and the president (of higher powers you don't name). Every word in this post sounds like a typical liberal, sky is falling, hypebole talking point; who's really the puppet here!

I believe this may be in part what he is refering to. I have no doubt that the Bear is dangerous. I think however there are other forces in the world even more dangerous

"The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."
Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England, in a novel he published in 1844 called Coningsby, the New Generation

"If instant world government, Charter review, and a greatly strengthened International Court do not provide the answers, what hope for progress is there? The answer will not satisfy those who seek simple solutions to complex problems, but it comes down essentially to this: The hope for the foreseeable lies, not in building up a few ambitious central institutions of universal membership and general jurisdiction as was envisaged at the end of the last war, but rather in the much more decentralized, disorderly and pragmatic process of inventing or adapting institutions of limited jurisdiction and selected membership to deal with specific problems on a case-by-case basis ... In short, the 'house of world order' will have to be built from the bottom up rather than f rom the top down. It will look like a great 'booming, buzzing confusion,' to use William James' famous description of reality, but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault."
Richard N. Gardner, in Foreign Affairs (April 1974)

"Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure." Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

"There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international . . . network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies . . . but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."
Professor Carroll Quigley, in his book Tragedy and Hope, 1966.

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."
New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

"Let me control a peoples currency and I care not who makes their laws."
Meyer Nathaniel Rothschild in a speech to a gathering of world bankers February 12, 1912. The following year, the USA subscribed to the 'services' of the newly incorporated Federal Reserve, headed by Mr. Rothschild.

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
David Rockefeller, Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

"We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order."
- David Rockefeller

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks HK4U, that saved me a lot of typing :biggrin:

Tatttedupboy, you must understand that there are a small group of people running things in the world. They are corrupt, power hungry bastards that only want more power. While the puppets are grandstanding on TV, and telling you about how they love freedom, and want to change this country for the better; the real leaders are in the shadows, in secret meetings, pulling the strings of Obama's and Bush's, and Saakasvilli's.
They see the citizens as cattle, consumers, prey, just another resource to harvest. They want us to be mindless slaves, go to work, watch TV, pay your taxes, and love your government. One of the greatest tools they have is the media. Imagine if you controlled 99% of all newspapers, radio, and TV news, you could sell the entire nation on whatever cooked up story you wanted to. That's what they have done here with the Russia-Georgia conflict.
We have allowed despotism and tyranny to creep into our once free republic. We have fallen for the very thing our forefathers warned us about. The first step in restoring our constitution, our economy, our liberties, and our sovereignty, is to recognize the situation at hand.

I don't expect you to believe anything I say. Do your own research, Google "New World Order", or "Bilderberg."

Cooter, at one time in my life I probably would have had a hard time believing it too. Back years ago when I was a young deputy, about 1975 I would here news like the U.S. making a treaty with the Soviets. I would think, are we stupid, they never keep the treaties. Why do we keep making the same mistakes? Then I happened to read a book called None dare call it conspiracy. It explained a lot of things. From their I began to read more and more. For once everything made sense. We were not making mistakes. It was all planned. As I have said many people do not wish to believe most of the things that I have come to believe because it makes it hard to sleep at night.

Thanks HK4U, that saved me a lot of typing :biggrin:

Tatttedupboy, you must understand that there are a small group of people running things in the world. They are corrupt, power hungry bastards that only want more power. While the puppets are grandstanding on TV, and telling you about how they love freedom, and want to change this country for the better; the real leaders are in the shadows, in secret meetings, pulling the strings of Obama's and Bush's, and Saakasvilli's.
They see the citizens as cattle, consumers, prey, just another resource to harvest. They want us to be mindless slaves, go to work, watch TV, pay your taxes, and love your government. One of the greatest tools they have is the media. Imagine if you controlled 99% of all newspapers, radio, and TV news, you could sell the entire nation on whatever cooked up story you wanted to. That's what they have done here with the Russia-Georgia conflict.
We have allowed despotism and tyranny to creep into our once free republic. We have fallen for the very thing our forefathers warned us about. The first step in restoring our constitution, our economy, our liberties, and our sovereignty, is to recognize the situation at hand.

I don't expect you to believe anything I say. Do your own research, Google "New World Order", or "Bilderberg."

Look everyone, it looks like we have a conspiracy theorist on our hands!

Chinese Moveable Type" feature during the opening ceremonies?

Forced labor!!!!

Look everyone, it looks like we have a conspiracy theorist on our hands!

sometimes buddy..........the truth is the strangest of all!! one thing that was not mentioned was how exactly did Russia move that much equipment and all those troops to respond so rapidly. its because they had them moved and ready because they knew.:big_boss:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back