The Truce of the Bear

Well you all can believe what you want to, but most conspiracy theories are bunk.

Like I said at one time I might have agreed with you but that was before I took the time to research it. I would suggest for those that would like to look a little closer a couple of books. the first. Proofs of a conspiracy by John Robison. A.M. written in 1798. Second ,World Revolution by Nesta Webster written in 1921 and add to it numerous times over the years until her death. There are a number of more modern books that can bring a person a little more up top date also. A good one is the Unseen Hand. Everyone is intilted to their oppinion but I don't see how you can miss the writing on the wall so to speak if you are willing to spend the time to check it out and not just dismiss it off hand.
Again I leave few quotes that can not be denied. I did not make these up and they are but the tip of the ice burg.

There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international . . . network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies . . . but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."
Professor Carroll Quigley, in his book Tragedy and Hope, 1966. Bill Clintons Mentor.

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."
New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
David Rockefeller, Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.
George Washington

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."
Senator William Jenner, 1954

Like I said at one time I might have agreed with you but that was before I took the time to research it. I would suggest for those that would like to look a little closer a couple of books. the first. Proofs of a conspiracy by John Robison. A.M. written in 1798. Second ,World Revolution by Nesta Webster written in 1921 and add to it numerous times over the years until her death. There are a number of more modern books that can bring a person a little more up top date also. A good one is the Unseen Hand. Everyone is intilted to their oppinion but I don't see how you can miss the writing on the wall so to speak if you are willing to spend the time to check it out and not just dismiss it off hand.
Again I leave few quotes that can not be denied. I did not make these up and they are but the tip of the ice burg.

There does exist and has existed for a generation, an international . . . network which operates, to some extent, in the way the radical right believes the Communists act. In fact, this network, which we may identify as the Round Table Groups, has no aversion to cooperating with the Communists, or any other groups and frequently does so. I know of the operations of this network because I have studied it for twenty years and was permitted for two years, in the early 1960s, to examine its papers and secret records. I have no aversion to it or to most of its aims and have, for much of my life, been close to it and to many of its instruments. I have objected, both in the past and recently, to a few of its policies . . . but in general my chief difference of opinion is that it wishes to remain unknown, and I believe its role in history is significant enough to be known."
Professor Carroll Quigley, in his book Tragedy and Hope, 1966. Bill Clintons Mentor.

"The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."
New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."
David Rockefeller, Baden-Baden, Germany 1991

It is not my intention to doubt that the doctrine of the Illuminati and the principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more satisfied of this fact than I am.
George Washington

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."
Senator William Jenner, 1954

As I said before, bunk, bunk, bunk!

As I said before, bunk, bunk, bunk!

How much have you researched the subject or do you just dismiss it off hand. I could claim the world is not round but really flat but that does not make it so. It is easy to call something bunk. Another story entirely to back it up with prouf.
I think this is one of those things we are going to have to agree to disagree on as I don't believe we are likely to change each others minds.

Last edited:
How much have you researched the subject or do you just dismiss it off hand. I could claim the world is not round but really flat but that does not make it so. It is easy to call something bunk. Another story entirely to back it up with prouf.
I think this is one of those things we are going to have to agree to disagree on as I don't believe we are likely to change each others minds.

I just dismiss them off hand. I usually know a bunk theory or explanation when I see one.

Yep, I have heard that kind of logic before.

I'll put it like this. The only conspiracy I can say I've ever believed is the one that says that the government was behind the assassination of JFK. When you look at the facts (ie., the Secret service agents were not even in the car with him; they were in the car behind him. How in the world can they keep him from being shot if they're not in the car with him?). Other than that, yes, I stand behind my assertion that at least 99% of conspiracy theories are pure, unadulterated bunk.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back