The Ten MANLIEST Firearms

I think the whole idea that the 45 round is so much better than the 9mm is a lot of bull. If it is better just because it is a little bigger then one should carry the 500 Smith for it is bigger than the wimpy little 45 round.

44 will work great but is very difficult to get back on target rapidly,,, especially with SD barrel lengths.
:)

Ummmm, if ya need to get back on target after hitting your assialant once with a .44 Mag:eek:, perhaps what ya really need is a pair of NIKE's that could help you run away very fast from a sumbitch like that!

I can't figure out what's so unmanly about a Beretta......Seems to me that anything that'll punch a 9mm hole or bigger ought to automatically get a manly nod. But it's kind of hard to give much creedence to a guy posting a picture of a prepubescent girl hefting a pinked out AR.

My wife's Ruger Redhawk .44mag is pretty manly.....

But she isn't
baby.gif
baby.gif

5 for 10, with an XD inplace of the glock--and just where are the Sigs.

And wrongo on the Halberd Ishi it was a rather important, cheap to produce weapon in the 14--15 century that let the massed common man resist the supposed nobles on horseback. The spear end kept the horseman at a distance when one on one and broke the mounted charge--as long as the halberds did not break ranks, if they did break they were dead meat for the horseman's sword, battle ax, mace. The hook on the halberd was used to snare a piece of the armour and pull/push the horseman to the ground--then the good old axe or spear. The Swiss were able to really put it to the French (but who hasn't) using the halbard
A halberd (or Swiss voulge) is a two-handed pole weapon that came to prominent use during the 14th and 15th centuries. Possibly the word halberd comes from the German words Halm (staff), and Barte (axe). The halberd consists of an axe blade topped with a spike mounted on a long shaft. It always has a hook or thorn on the back side of the axe blade for grappling mounted combatants. It is very similar to certain forms of the voulge in design and usage.

The halberd was cheap to produce and very versatile in battle. As the halberd was eventually refined, its point was more fully developed to allow it to better deal with spears and pikes (also able to push back approaching horsemen), as was the hook opposite the axe head, which could be used to pull horsemen to the ground.

Additionally, halberds were reinforced with metal rims over the shaft, thus making effective weapons for blocking other weapons like swords. This capability increased its effectiveness in battle, and expert halberdiers were as deadly as any other weapon masters were. It was a halberd, in the hands of a Swiss peasant, which killed the Duke of Burgundy, Charles the Bold, decisively ending the Burgundian Wars -- literally with one stroke.

Halberdiers from a modern day reenactor troupe.The halberd was the primary weapon of the early Swiss armies in the 14th and early 15th centuries. Later on, the Swiss added the pike to better repel knightly attacks and roll over enemy infantry formations, with the halberd, hand-and-a-half sword, or the dagger known as the Schweizerdolch being used for closer combat. The German Landsknechts, who imitated Swiss warfare methods, also used the halberd, supplemented by the pike, but their side arm of choice was the short sword known as the Katzbalger.

As long as pikemen fought other pikemen, the halberd remained a useful supplemental weapon for "push of pike," but when their position became more defensive, to protect the slow-loading arquebusiers and matchlock musketeers from sudden attacks by cavalry, the percentage of halberdiers in the pike units steadily decreased, until the halberd all but disappeared from these formations as a rank-and-file weapon by the middle of the sixteenth century.

The halberd has been used as a court bodyguard weapon for centuries, and is still the ceremonial weapon of the Swiss Guard in the Vatican. The halberd was one of the polearms sometimes carried by lower-ranking officers in European infantry units in the 16th through 18th centuries.

Hey that was fun to read. I guess I need to get out my C&R license, get on AIM surplus website, and man up. Maybe I can convince some of my relatives a nice monetary donation would make an excellent Christmas gift. The only one I have now is the 1911. I do have a Colt Anaconda 44mag, but I am not sure it is as manly as the S&W. I am just not feeling appropriate manly now. I must do something. :)

That was my moment of humor, aimed at the article's author, not Doublenutz......but "manliest" weapons article with a pink rifle? Whatever happened to gun calendar chicks with ammo belts?

Now to the part about guys with a picture of Mr. Rogers in their profile.....

I think shot placement means the most - a 9MM and a .45 will both drop someone dead if I aim at (and hit) their head...

In regards to the article, I still say the manliest gun available is the one you save you and yours with. It could be pink with purple trim for all I care.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back