The sheepdog's prayer

The Sheepdog’s Prayer

The Knights of Olde were Men of Honor who used their Might For Right!
Today they’re known as Sheepdogs, those who carry on the fight.
I am a tired old Sheepdog, the guardian of my flock.
I keep the predators at bay and stand watch around the clock.
Please stop the Sheep from pulling my teeth. I’ll need them for the fight,
When the hungry Wolves come calling, some dark and deadly night.
I pray I'll never need my gun, but someday if I do:
May my cause be just!
My draw be quick!
And my aim be ever true!
Heaven holds a special place for those who do the deed.
Defenders of the innocent in their hour of need.
May the Sheep someday be grateful. There’s a debt they can not pay,
To the Sheepdogs who lay it on the line, each and every day.
I’m proud to be a Sheepdog. I've done my very best!
I'll stand my watch until my Maker calls me home to rest.
But when I meet St. Peter, there's just one request I’ll make:
“Please let me spend Eternity, standing guard at Heaven's Gate”.
Lord, help us bring this ''Age of Sheep'' to a rapid end.
Then fill this land with Sheepdogs, Men of Honor once again.
This prayer is dedicated, to those who bravely face,
The dangers all around us to make our world a safer place.
To the soldiers, cops and warriors- Sheepdogs through and through.
Thank you for your service and your sacrifices too.
Amen
By Roger E. Temple- revised 2/11
SHEEPDOG FIREARM TRAINING LLC

Frankly, I have a problem with the sheepdog moniker. I carry to defend myself and family. In the past, I may have helped those in need, but I've reversed my position on that due to legal ramifications, and unknown variables. There are exceptions that pass legal scrutiny, but just remember there is a lawyer behind every bullet.

It is not worth going to prison if I make the wrong call. That's it. No sheepdog.

I've thought the correlation between a CHCL holder and a sheepdog a rather odd couple.

That prayer was directed at soldiers, cops, and warriors and I am none of those things. However..........

I am not a sheep for I do not mill around with the flock with my attention on fitting in with the flock.

I am not a wolf for I do not prey on the sheep.

I am not a sheepdog for I do not have the responsibility to protect the sheep... nor do I have any desire to fight the wolf.

I am a stray dog... I am warily friendly to the sheep and I avoid the wolf as I fend for myself yet I will fiercely fight to protect those I love... from both wolf and sheep.

That said... I don't like using the word "sheep" because it is derogatory to people who need to be educated that they too can defend from the "wolf".

The word "wolf" is an accurate term for predatory criminals so I have no problem with that one.

And the word "sheepdog" sounds so nice... to be someone who protects the weak and innocent... but the truth is... I have no delusions of heroic grandeur that it is my job or responsibility to protect other citizens just because I carry a gun. I can choose to protect other citizens because of my individual morals and ethics... but I am not obligated to... it still isn't my job or responsibility... hence I am not a "sheepdog".

I am the wolf.

I look at the sheepdog, looking down on the sheep, using force and intimidation to keep his flock in line. Lately, they have become very abusive.

I'm the wolf, I have large fangs, I am fierce, and loyal to my pack. I will defend them with my life, and they will defend me with theirs.

Could I prey on sheep? Yes, but I chose not too. I am perfectly fine in the wild with most other wolves, free and under no master.

Frankly, I have a problem with the sheepdog moniker. I carry to defend myself and family. In the past, I may have helped those in need, but I've reversed my position on that due to legal ramifications, and unknown variables. There are exceptions that pass legal scrutiny, but just remember there is a lawyer behind every bullet.

It is not worth going to prison if I make the wrong call. That's it. No sheepdog.

I've thought the correlation between a CHCL holder and a sheepdog a rather odd couple.

I also carry to protect myself and family. When you don't know the entire situation, and it is not a clear cut bad guy/good guy situation, I'm not going to get involved.

You come upon two men fighting in a store parking lot. One man is clearly on the short end of the deal, and the beating is such you think his life is in danger, so you shoot the other one.

The reality; the guy on the short end was actually the bad guy, attempted to rob/attack/kill the other, but the good guy (the one you shot) was able to turn it back on the bad guy. We see stories all the time where the BG chose the wrong victim (MMA fighter, etc.) and gets the beat down he deserves.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back