the right holster

chadxd40

i have a springfield xd 40 full size that i carry and the problem no matter how many holes i put in my belt and how i carry it,ive even tried to lighten it by putting just 8 rds in the mag but my pants always seem to want to come down does anybody have any suggestions on what type of holster would be the best to use i have tried many different types not tried the paddle holster yet it gets frustrating sometimes so im up for suggestions

I suspect the problem is not the holster but the belt. Regular pants belts are not made to support the weight of a firearm, they are intended only to hold up the pants. I use a Blackhawk Serpa holster, which is a Kydex holster on a paddle made to fit a 1 1/2" belt. The belt is a 1 1/2" gun belt, especially made to handle a weapon and holster. You can find them in the holster and leather section fo places like Cabela's or Sportsma's Warehouse. They are higher priced than a pants belt, but worth the money to hold your weapon in the same place all the time, so it is where you reach for it.

Belt issue sounds about right. I have a Walther P99 with an IWB holster and my pants sagged with my old belt. I went to my local gun store and found a DeSantis 1 1/2" belt for $9.95:dance3: It works beautifully and I don't notice a difference in weight with the pistol on. As comfortable as stuffing a cloud in my pants.:biggrin:

If all else fails try suspenders.:haha:

I like suspenders sometime. You do not have to keep your belt so tight, and the are great when you sit with the belt loose enough not to cut off your breathing.:biggrin:

Regards,
Jerry

i have a springfield xd 40 full size that i carry and the problem no matter how many holes i put in my belt and how i carry it,ive even tried to lighten it by putting just 8 rds in the mag but my pants always seem to want to come down does anybody have any suggestions on what type of holster would be the best to use i have tried many different types not tried the paddle holster yet it gets frustrating sometimes so im up for suggestions

Welcome to the site, Chad - it's great to have you with us.

Wuzfuz is right about the belt - a quality belt is crucial, especially when hauling a full size handgun on your hip.

Paddle holsters, however, can be nice for those occasions when you're not wearing a belt - and even when you are. The versatility makes paddles nice. If you can find one that is comfortable AND concealable, you're doing well.

Crossbreeds (a sponsor of this site) makes some great products, and several guys from this site love their supertuck holster(IWB), and I have nothing but extremely positive things to say about my Crossbreed SnapSlide(OWB), which finally allows me to carry my full size Sig GSR 1911 concealed. But again - the quality belt is crucial.

Happy hunting for that perfect holster and welcome to the site.

Paddle holsters don't drag my pants down like a belt holster. In fact, I don't even own a belt holster. Just trying them in the store was enough to tell me that they just drag my pants down. I have Fobus and Serpa paddles and both have a rubber material on the inside that sort of sticks to your underwear and resists riding down. There is much less pressure on the belt than there is with a belt holster. If Fobus makes one for your gun, try it. They are around $20 so if you don't like it, it's not a ton of money wasted. If it works for you then you can buy a nice Bianchi paddle or some other brand of choice.

You've got questions, we've got answers!

First, get yourself a good quality gun belt. The service in years and performance are well worth a small price premium. My belt of choice? The Belt Man.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man

If you order one of his belts, make sure to get the "velcro strip" option. It is the best ten dollars that you could spend. It works great with "V" clips.

Next, you need a great holster. One of the the best, IMHO, is this one:

CrossBreed Holsters, Innovative holsters for concealed carry-1911-Glock-HK-Sig-Taurus-Kimber-Springfield-Colt-XD

Remember the mention of "V" clips? Here is where they pay off!

:laugh:

New Threads

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back