The Real Scoop on Oregon Coast?

localgirl

How is my account still active?! I don't know. But how convenient, because I want the scoop on the Oregon Coast.

I have done some Googling and browsed previous threads, but am hoping for insider information -- the good and the bad.

Looks like CCPs aren't too hard to get, but gun sales have recently been severely restricted. There's what amounts to a registry going on? And open carry seems frowned upon.

I may have a job opportunity there, but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into.

Oregon is still shall issue for in state residents. Thanks to SB941, all private sales have to go through a background check. The Oregon State Police already has a registry, but had to purge it every 30 days, now it is five years. There was another bill, not sure if passed, that required gun sellers to send information to local police and sheriffs for a local registry. I have never seen an open carrier out here who was not making a youtube video. The left coasters think open carriers are macho rednecks. Multnomah County and some cities have placed additional restrictions on firearms and carrying that do not apply to those with a CHL.

Just like WA version of 941, it was passed...but it hasn't changed anything for anyone I know that lives in the NW, we still do what we have always done. Oregon, like WA, is controlled by a dense blue city (Portland and Seattle), while the rest of the state is mixed, if not red. If you get a CHL, you are exempt from open carry restrictions. I open carry in OR (mostly eastern oregon) and haven't had a frown sent my way yet.

Additionally:
Suppressors are legal.
SBR/SBS legal.
Full auto legal.
Shall Issue permission slip (albeit required NRA training)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back