The OSBI SDA crew is a joke.

Austin

How is it that the great OSBI can have such a terrible turn around time for SDA licensing? If there is a huge demand, hire more people. It takes them MORE than the time allowed by statute to get their job done. Mine has taken over 90 days for new and renewal. My wifes initial took over 90 days and we are going on over 100 days for her renewal. Nobody bothered to tell us that there was a problem with hers, just let us continue waiting. So my wife calls them several times and of course they wont answer the phone, it goes straight to a recording like all terrible businesses. She leaves a message, and they wait two days to call her back and tell her that there is someone with a VPO that has the same first and last name as her in the same county so they are waiting to hear back from the sheriffs office. Ummm really? A 2 minute lookup on oscn.net and you can see that the person has a different middle name. I guarantee you it wouldnt take the sheriffs dept, police department, or yes the OSBI 5 minutes to check and verify this if someone called that this person was after them and they had a VPO against them. So why does it take over 100 days for a renewal?? With all the civil unrest that is popping up around the country, this is not a good time for her to not have the meens to protect herself.

Sorry, I am ranting. But it seems that OSBI needs some bad feedback in at least some forum.

Just checked and the OSBI is not hiring in the SDA department.

OSBI = FAIL

It took 121 days for the OSBI to process my initial application last year. When I got to the 90 day mark, I e-mailed them and got a reply next day. Turns out that they had misplaced my form from the Sheriff's office. After I contacted the local Sheriff, it ONLY took twenty more days to get my permit. I would advise you to use the e-mail address on the OSBI website. After that first initial next day reply, they were responding within a couple of hours.

I just moved here from Indiana. I have only been waiting 36 days. It is a joke, the state has no statute on how long it should take them. Indiana and other states have a turnaround time of less than 60 days. The state has some backward ass laws also. I am carrying on my Utah and Arizona permits now until it comes in.

I know I'm not from OK, but this has been going on in many states. With the rush of people that have been wanting to ask permission for a right that should already be granted, the offices that take care of the permission slips are way behind.

They certainly aren't going to hire more people because most government agencies are broke as it is. Unless of course you would like them to raise your taxes to be able to hire more people to process the permission slips we shouldn't have to get in the first place?

My county was running at capacity BEFORE the tragedy at Newtown, can't imagine what the backlog is now.
I wonder how much profit LEO agencies make from concealed carry permits? Oregon runs the permits through the county sheriffs offices, who charge about $65 for the application (if memory serves) and $15 to do the finger printing for first time applicants. With the volume of applications they are processing, this has got to add up to some serious cash flow. Might make an interesting economic impact argument for the anti's to chew on...

Not to mention those of us who get non-resident licenses from other states. I've been waiting on my AZ and Utah permits for almost 30 days so far, don't expect to see them for another month or two.

Might make an interesting poll, either "How many state CCW permits do you have?" or "What State Permits do you hold"?

My county was running at capacity BEFORE the tragedy at Newtown, can't imagine what the backlog is now.
I wonder how much profit LEO agencies make from concealed carry permits? Oregon runs the permits through the county sheriffs offices, who charge about $65 for the application (if memory serves) and $15 to do the finger printing for first time applicants. With the volume of applications they are processing, this has got to add up to some serious cash flow. Might make an interesting economic impact argument for the anti's to chew on...

Not to mention those of us who get non-resident licenses from other states. I've been waiting on my AZ and Utah permits for almost 30 days so far, don't expect to see them for another month or two.

Might make an interesting poll, either "How many state CCW permits do you have?" or "What State Permits do you hold"?

Concerning your UT permit. I got mine about three years ago and back then it took almost the full 90 days. Good luck with your wait in today's time frame.

And if you want me to start the poll answers, I have my resident PA and my non-resident UT. It gives me about 39 states of reciprocity, but I know things have changed in the last several months and I need to research that again.

The last Utah class I gave when I lived in Indiana ( December) it was taking about 40 days. I would always call before I gave a class because I knew someone would ask. They are pretty good about it. I know Indiana hired more people to process theirs

It finally arrived. I stopped counting at 115 days. Still wonder why tgey make a statute then consistantly violate it

I emailed the OSBI about my fingerprints and received a reply in 2 days. Sheriffs department can't make quality prints apparently and I had to have them done again. So I went to the digital place to have them done digitally. Apparently, they can't get it right either because they still haven't received them. It was the Cleveland County Sheriff's office in case you were wandering.

Ccso is terrible. I don't have much experience with others to accurately compare. But I'm not a fan.

They have to be careful with these background checks. We wouldn't want criminals to be carry guns now, would we?

^^^That was sarcastic. All the permit requirement accomplishes is to make it harder for law abiding citizens to carry guns and does nothing to prevent criminals from carrying them.

They have to be careful with these background checks. We wouldn't want criminals to be carry guns now, would we?

^^^That was sarcastic. All the permit requirement accomplishes is to make it harder for law abiding citizens to carry guns and does nothing to prevent criminals from carrying them.
They need to streamline the background check process. CLEET approved me for an instructor I am a FFL and have permits in other states. How many background checks does one need. You would think the state could just do a state warrant check and a NICS check and have it done in a couple weeks.The longest I have ever waited has been 40 days. Thats until now.

They need to streamline the background check process. CLEET approved me for an instructor I am a FFL and have permits in other states. How many background checks does one need. You would think the state could just do a state warrant check and a NICS check and have it done in a couple weeks.The longest I have ever waited has been 40 days. Thats until now.
It's probably the mental health checks that hold things up the most, I would guess.

My Oklahoma CCW took almost 4 months to get to me. I got frustrated after the 90 day mark and emailed them wondering about my application to which they responded there was a 4 week backlog.

I responded and cited the SDA which state:

"If the background check set forth in paragraph 11 of this subsection reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self- Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that applicant."

To which they responded, I quote: "If anyone knows the lawbook we do and consider we are working hard a furious trying to get the applications completed. Sorry for you inconvenience you have a great day."

The next week I got my license. Someone needs to lodge a complaint with the state representatives and the AG's office (I would but I moved shortly after I got my license).

My Oklahoma CCW took almost 4 months to get to me. I got frustrated after the 90 day mark and emailed them wondering about my application to which they responded there was a 4 week backlog.

I responded and cited the SDA which state:

"If the background check set forth in paragraph 11 of this subsection reveals no records pertaining to the applicant, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within sixty (60) days of the date of receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. In all other cases, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation shall either issue a handgun license or deny the application within ninety (90) days of the date of the receipt of the applicant’s completed application and the required information from the sheriff. The Bureau shall approve an applicant who appears to be in full compliance with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self- Defense Act, if completion of the federal fingerprint search is the only reason for delay of the issuance of the handgun license to that applicant."

To which they responded, I quote: "If anyone knows the lawbook we do and consider we are working hard a furious trying to get the applications completed. Sorry for you inconvenience you have a great day."

The next week I got my license. Someone needs to lodge a complaint with the state representatives and the AG's office (I would but I moved shortly after I got my license).
I just moved here and its been 60 days and I am a FFL. How many background checks do you need. There is a lot of stuff with this state that is slow.

I just moved here and its been 60 days and I am a FFL. How many background checks do you need. There is a lot of stuff with this state that is slow.

Agreed, I have a fricken security clearance from the DoD. The traffic is pretty slow too, but as for the state I like the direction it is heading in (more liberty and rights vs. nanny state). To be honest I was very surprised how backwards some of the midwest states are when it comes to gun laws, but they are now moving in the right direction which is not something that can be said with other states.

Wow I'm suprised by all of the probs you all are having. I recieved my permit 41 days after sending it in. I saw in the paper about 5 months ago that the state had hired a night crew to keep up with demand.

GUN CARRYING AMERICAN PATRIOT!!!!

Had to renew my CCW this year sent the renewal App. in the 23 rd. October and received new permit in only 31 days, maybe they have finally got their act together.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back