The Oath

Amen, I hope your right

This is STILL a country of laws governed ultimately by the constitution. This president was duly elected by the people of this country (however misguided). Last I checked this was NOT some Latin American banana republic where the people revolt if their man is not elected. Many people were incensed over Bush. Would you expect them to revolt against him? I'm 67 years old. If this country can survive Carter and Clinton, we can survive anyone. We are no where near the point that revolution is justified. Have faith in America, in her laws, and in the American people. Obama will be a one term president.

Amen, I hope your right about the one term, Obama, just seems to be pushing harder and has less resistance.

So just like BHO, abiding by the rule of law is something that is done when it suits you. Is that a question or another assumption? It's certainly not a fact. Next you will want to twist the Constitution to suit your goals just as the muj bast*rdize the Koran to justify their actions.
How is it that you always seem to know what others are planning or thinking? I have no "Goals" aside from keeping my family safe and my only "Actions" would be if someone like yourself showed up at my door to tell me to hand over my weapons or come with them to a FEMA camp.

Sorry if I disappointed you by not being a 9/11 conspiracy theorist. I think you should make less assumptions, stop pre judjing, and study some cold hard facts recorded through American history.

The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves.

When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.
~Dresden James

Maybe Gary Franchi is more more to the liking of some. He reports the exact same "News" with less urgency.
Gary took over for Aaron Russo when he died last year of bladder cancer. Most people don't know who Aaron is. That's because unless you know his work, the media didn't as much as say one word about his death. a major Hollywood producer. Pretty strange huh? They didn't want people to start learning about the man and his life's work. Aaron Russo was one of America's great patriots and, I suppose as close as anyone will ever come to being a hero to me. And they swept him under the rug like a dirty little secret.

Link Removed

As an enlisted Marine, I swore to defend the Constitution and obey the orders of the President and his officers. The question is, what does one do if the two conflict? I was never in a position where I had to decide, but I did think about it.

For me the deciding factors were:

The Constitution is the first item listed while the orders of the President is third after bearing faith and allegience to the Constitution.

Officers do not swear to obey the orders of the President, they only swear to defend the Constitution. They are expected to disobey illegal orders.

I would expect that an officer would never order me to violate the Constitution. But, for me, the Constitution trumps orders if in conflict.

As an enlisted Marine, I swore to defend the Constitution and obey the orders of the President and his officers. The question is, what does one do if the two conflict? I was never in a position where I had to decide, but I did think about it.

For me the deciding factors were:

The Constitution is the first item listed while the orders of the President is third after bearing faith and allegience to the Constitution.

Officers do not swear to obey the orders of the President, they only swear to defend the Constitution. They are expected to disobey illegal orders.

I would expect that an officer would never order me to violate the Constitution. But, for me, the Constitution trumps orders if in conflict.

Thank you. Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back